Just to update..I have learned and am implementing:
1984..1st 'MS' flair was directly after having dental fillings (amalgam= mercury ) I am extremely sensitive to most metals. Had right foot leg dragging,arm wrist weakness and other sx including blood streaked eyeballs, dizziness etc. had mri which showed 1 lesion. Recovered after 4 months. Didn't make any connection at that time...
1992...more amalgam dental work..within weeks had milder but same sx. another flair rrms was the medical "tag"
1997...more dental work within 2 weeks legs started collapsing, needed to sit alot when walking. Now I'm called SPMS
2003 In W/C til today....mri shows many many lesions, pineal cyst. also have 2 kidney stones, thyroid and adrenal collapse. Mercury goes to kidneys, thyroid ,brain in that order I've read but don't quote me...I was wrong before once or twice....lol ( right Sarah! )
antibacterial agents (some antibiotics) dramatically enhance mercury's affinity for and passage to the brain.
Iodine chelates mercury..I've been taking 50 mg/day Iodoral..btwn 1+ 200 mg selenium (binds mercury facllitates excretion thru bowel)
mag 5-600mg, milk thistle (liver support) multi mineral, tons of water, multi B 100, niacin ,vit c
Just had amalgams 1/2 removed today,, the rest in three wks..Haven't worked or had a clear functioning brain for 10 +yrs so am doing what I can.. I've probably left out some info please ask if you like..Hope your Dad in law? is doing well...katie