minocycline, rafampicin, flagyl

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
ljm
Family Elder

candida?

Post by ljm »

Katie, your last post mentioned candida. When did that come up, do you link it to your antibiotic regime, and how are you dealing with it? Will you have to halt the antibiotics until it clears up?
LJM
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

ljm, I actually found this out by my own research/symptoms (the way I have most everything,unfortunately) Like candida causes white spots on one's mri, depigmentation on skin, feeling drunk as it converts to ethanol, fatigue, dizziness..the list is endless and antibiotics certainly add to the problem especially if one has set the conditions thru a lifetime of bad dietary habits, alcohol abuse etc.
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

I am taking garlic (garlinase) and coconut oil for candida..and am having a massive die off reaction!

www.thecoconutdiet.com
Notdoneyet
Family Member

best wishes

Post by Notdoneyet »

Hi Katie,
Great news and congratulations on your recovery. As we've discussed, we're both at about the same point in treatment, so it is reassuring to know that I'm not imagining things. It is no longer a question of "Will we get better?" but is now one of "How much better will we get?"

I will be writing a monthly update in my MS Society chapter newsletter and would like to include your update as well, with your permission, of course. If I could say it was Katie from BC, it would be nice. Sorry about your other problems and I hope they are only temporary obstacles.

Wishing further success,
Colin :)
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

Hi Colin, thanks for your post and interest. I look forward to your update. Feel free to use whatever you like of my writings/history.As you know I'm not attached at all to my "MS" label. Hope things are going well for you.
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

ljm, I took and will continue to take the coconut oil and garlic with the antibiotics..I have stopped the abx for two days only to give my liver a rest and drink my detox drink (water, lemon, olive oil) My liver area was a little tender..
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

After taking a 3 wk holiday from the antibiotic regime, I was able to identify a contributing infection (by symptoms that flaired) This infection is babesia and was complicating my recovery. I have been on clindamycin/quinine for only 8 days and have made noticeable improvements (even with the initial herx reaction). I will update later as I want to give this focussed medication a fair amount of time and assess the effect.

The symptoms that helped to identify this pathogen were: spinal and lower back pain,sore, stiff neck, swollen glands, headache forehead, behind eyes,and base of head. Shoulder and upper back pain (mostly right sided) chills , inner vibration feeling and sweats (more before antibiotics) some sinus symptoms with ear/hearing involvement. Shortness of breath, vision problems, dizziness/vertigo (these have been with me for years) Be well, kathy
Jimk
Family Member

Candida

Post by Jimk »

I know the die-off from both the Cpn and candida:x-- had the latter for years. I don't sell this stuff, and was a bit put off by the marketing hype myself, but Threelac is the only thing that really helped my candida, and I've tried absolutely everything over 20 years of dealing with it.
Jim
On Wheldon/Stratton protocal since December '04 for non-MS Cpn: CFS/FMS
Ohio, USA
CPn Help
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

Hi Jim, thanks for the info about threelac. Good to know it's effective. I've heard about it of course but have become reluctant to jump at it for the reasons you stated (hype) especially when I consider all the different stuff I've tried over the years (it gets expensive) This I will keep in mind when funds permit! thanks again, katie
Jimk
Family Member

How was your babesia diagnosed, and how are you doing?

Post by Jimk »

Katie-
Your symptoms sound so much like my daughter's that I wanted to ask you how the babesia was diagnosed, and how you are doing on the quinine med?
Jimk
On Wheldon/Stratton protocal since December '04 for non-MS Cpn: CFS/FMS
Ohio, USA
CPn Help
katie45
Family Elder

Post by katie45 »

Jim, because testing for babesia is another nightmare, I am being treated imperically (based on clinical symptoms) with clindamycin/quinine (mepron/zithromycin is the preferred med. combo, but at $ 600. a bottle I decided on clind.)

I believe alot of us have babs undiagnosed...congenital transfer is very likely as well. Mine showed up very strongly when I took a break from antibiotics (3 wks) The abx I was on didn't work on the babesia because it is a protozoan not bacteria..The best test they've got is the PCR and as I said, it's not great. Fatigue (severe) shortness of breath and dizziness are big babs symptoms as well...katie

Return to “Regimens”