rebooting at JHH

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Every white blood cell you got is toast. B Cell, T Cell and if they exist in white blood -xyz cells lol.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Member

Post by 777 »

Lyon wrote:
mrhodes40 wrote:since we are on the subject, are the b cells killed in treatment as well? just curious.
Yes, all the white blood cells are killed in the process. T and B cells.
Bob
Is that a good thing? What is the importance of theT and B cells?
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

That is the cells MS lives in. By killing off those cells and letting your bone marrows' stem cells rebuild your immune system (AKA T- Cells and B-cells) without the bad influence of cells that think MS is OK, you now don't have MS.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I asked because EBV lives in b cells forever once it has been contacted. Since a considerable amount of MS research seems to keep looking at that, I wondered if the EBV is gone as well and thought it might ossibly be another reason for effective therapy

My bias is that MS is probably not autoimmune--No don't argue with me, I realize some of us...Lyon....have good research to back up the other side but I still remain in the side of Behan and Chaudhuri

But taht doesn't mean something like this might not be very effective but for reasons other than we think. :D

I like it cause it seems to work in the small studies I saw (if you know more post on the research thread I started please) , it is not something with long term impact on your body, and I am all out of wait! EDSS 6, thank you very much, I have to do something and this seems pretty safe to me personally
marie
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Member

Post by 777 »

mrhodes40 wrote:I asked because EBV lives in b cells forever once it has been contacted. Since a considerable amount of MS research seems to keep looking at that, I wondered if the EBV is gone as well and thought it might ossibly be another reason for effective therapy

My bias is that MS is probably not autoimmune--No don't argue with me, I realize some of us...Lyon....have good research to back up the other side but I still remain in the side of Behan and Chaudhuri

But taht doesn't mean something like this might not be very effective but for reasons other than we think. :D

I like it cause it seems to work in the small studies I saw (if you know more post on the research thread I started please) , it is not something with long term impact on your body, and I am all out of wait! EDSS 6, thank you very much, I have to do something and this seems pretty safe to me personally
marie
whats stopping you? have you sent in your records to JH?
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I am only just learning about this treatment! I am likely to go for it, it does not frighten me at all. I was much more worried about heart damage from novantrone or ongoing immunosppression from things like tysabri than I am about this approach.

Yes an EDSS 2 would be better we'd have to go back in time for that. My neuro (who just went to Stanford, so left my area) who was the director of a large Seattle MS clinic and who was running a tovaxin trial told me that the minority of patients have MRTC and that it is not going to be as useful as hoped because of that. He did not offer to let me in the trial, I am too "well controlled" on Copaxone and too far down the path. My "well controlled" is about my lovely MRIs...nary an inflammation insight, no brain atrophy at all, no new lesions. I just have this troubling little problem of deteriorating motor funciton. I did try to go off Cop and had an old fashioned exacerbation.

Those of you diagnosed in these days are fortunate, you have options I just did not.
marie
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Those of you diagnosed in these days are fortunate, you have options I just did not.
marie
yes
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Xenu
Family Member

Post by Xenu »

Davis,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Please continue to do so.

Much Love,
V. :D
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

You seem to have had it a lot harder with the counts than Mel.

I'm glad things have rebounded well though eventually.

You'll be tired for a long while yet but hopefully it's worth it.

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”