cytoxan therapy

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
MNManWithMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by MNManWithMS »

I got the approval for financial aid for Copaxone this morning and am very excited about starting this new therapy in April.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

ok is it a one time high dose or is it pulsed?
MNManWithMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by MNManWithMS »

My nurse was out yesterday, so I'll have to ask her when she calls me back.
MNManWithMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by MNManWithMS »

It's not high dose Cytoxan. My nurse said he doesn't currently prescribe that, but I'll be talking to him about that next time I meet with him. She was sick and got very frustrated talking with me, so I was lucky to get my required information to proceed.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Please do. If you are getting the pulsed version its a big difference from the one time high dose. From what I understand the one time high does is easier to handle.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Man W/MS,
Not to pry, but does your Doc happen to be in Colorado? There is a Dr Birnbaum (check spelling) here that I have seen and your profile of him seems familiar.
Chris,
By the way, you should know the Colorado Birnbaum, no? And, I love the new avatar, you're like the poster child for the Viking gene!
Lars
MNManWithMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by MNManWithMS »

Lars,
My Dr. is in Golden Valley, MN. I saw there was another Birnbaum last week, though. I was trying to upload a picture of my family and couldn't, so I thought I'd pick one until then. Thanks for the compliment... I think. What is the Viking gene?
MNManWithMS
Getting to Know You...

Post by MNManWithMS »

I spent about three hours in the MRI machine this morning. I start Copaxone on Monday. Hopefully I can start the cytoxan next week. We had a case of the Swine Flu in town last week--bad timing, but a I'm still excited. Chances are slim, but if I can walk again I plan on going downtown with my wife dancing while wearing a shirt that says, "I've been in a wheelchair for the last six years. Laugh at my dancing now.
Just a pipe dream.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Man w/ms,
The "Avatar" bit was for Chris, as in Chrishasms. I hadn't really seen the red hair before! The Viking gene is a well discussed topic on this site as well as others that basically implies that there is a original MS connection to the Viking/Scandinavian heritage. The original report hasn't made it to my desk so maybe someone else can fill in the exact details. Glad to hear things are working out and here's to a long dance!!!!
Be Well,
Lars (Viking gene you know but no red hair)
here is a Viking gene link: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 01185.html
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I have never heard of the doctor but if you could give me his info I would love to talk to him. The doctors are too busy at Anschutz Medical are too busy to be good. I need a doctors who aren't so busy they forget about you in a room for 2 hours.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Oh by the way I am German, Irish, Polish.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Chris,
Dr. Birnbaum works out of Grand Junction, Co. Sadly, down here in the sticks we are basically without Neurological care so I did the 5 hr drive to see him when I was diagnosed. He is busy as well and does a free clinic through National MS. We have tried to convince him to come to Durango to replicate that clinical model.....no deal, to busy. A few of our group still see him and seem happy. As for me, I heard what I heard from countless Neuros, "do one of the crabs before it's too late". No other advice, I moved on.
Hell, I was about to come your way to see Dr. Vollmer! By the way I heard there was a lady in Co. Springs................ooops.
Lars
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I went to the lady in the springs for the Tovaxin trial and they seemed so clueless, and gave me some of the worse MS related advice I ever got so I decided never to go to her again lol.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Chris,
I know your Co. Springs history that's why the attempt at humor ...."oops". I haven't been back since the Tovaxin trial went up in flames. All busy-ness at RMMSC aside, what is your take on Vollmer? Or do you see Chorboy?
Lars
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I saw Corboy up until they put me in an exam room for two hours and everyone forgot I was there or that I had an appointment. Everyone had left. Now my neuro is Dr. Kerr in MD, the heck with here in Colorado unless someone has a good neuro in Denver not affiliated with the Rocky Mountain MS pharma lining pocket Center.