Days 3 & 4 - chemo done!

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
RedPenguins
Family Elder

Days 3 & 4 - chemo done!

Post by RedPenguins »

hi everyone,

Well, I've survived days 3 and 4 of the chemo with no major problems!

Yesterday they ran an iron transfusion and I seemed to have slight side effects from it (chest pain), but nothing too major. They ran a few tests and I was fine.

Today was my final dose. They ran it earlier in the day (at noon) so that I can leave the hospital this evening at 8pm.

This round went off without a hitch, just as last time. I'm not sure if I am pleased or disappointed. I know, that sounds weird - but part of me just thought I'd end up sick this time. The doctors have tried to assure me that the efficacy of the cytoxan is not related to the amount of sick one gets ;) and I knew that...but still! I also had a convo with the oncologist who signed the consents with me - we discussed why it is they use "ideal" body weight versus actual body weight of the patient. It was interesting. He also believed that the dose I was using should be well enough to help me. So much for getting buckets of the stuff!

I report to IPOP at 9am tomorrow. A little too early for this gal - going to have to see if I can change that time....I'll never be able to do it more than two days in a row. I just don't move in the morning and it takes time for the provigil and daytrana to kick in and get me moving.

I've met two others who are here having HiCy for MS. Well, I met one person and then I met the mother of the other person. :)

Other than that....it seems that I'm having a mild reaction to the tape from the bandage around the hickman line. Apparently my skin is super sensitive.

Will keep you posted (if you're interested. if you're not, then don't read!) :roll:

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. And happy Mom's day to all of you moms out there.

~Keri
mommasan
Family Elder

Post by mommasan »

So glad the chemo is over for you and you can look forward to getting back to your life in a couple of weeks. There is no evidence to support that you have to get really sick for the chemo to work.

Sandy
barbbelle
Getting to Know You...

Post by barbbelle »

Congrats Keri!
I think as long as your counts bottom out, then you are home free! It is really exciting that you get to go back to the apartment tonight! Hang in there, girl and take it easy, ok? Are all of the same nurses there that we had last summer? They are so wonderful there!

Take care! Still prayin!
b
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Still hoping all is going good girl!

Return to “Revimmune (Cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan)”