first infusion

A board to discuss the anticipated multiple sclerosis treatment Rituxan.
ElMarino
Family Elder

first infusion

Post by ElMarino »

I had my first infusion yesterday at the Royal London hospital. I experienced no side effects whatsoever. It took nearly five hours to complete the infusion (600ml commencing with 30ml/hour, increasing by an extra 30 ml/hour every thirty minutes, the titration was slowed for a while due to lowish blood pressure)...
Longing4Cheese
Family Member

Would like to hear more about your experience

Post by Longing4Cheese »

Thank you for telling us about your experience with Rituxan. I hope you will keep reporting on your condition here, whether you have any or no side effects, improvement (or not) in your symptoms, etc.

Keep moving,
Longing4Cheese (Jack Sprat)
Male, 44, Dx PPMS 6/2007, Re-Dx RRMS 1/2009. Unofficial EDSS: 2-ish. Modified Swank diet, supplements and exercise (walk, yoga, weights). Tried Copaxone 1/09, stopped after possible allergic reaxn 6/09. Began Avonex April 2010.
ElMarino
Family Elder

Re: Would like to hear more about your experience

Post by ElMarino »

No side effects to report. The literature talks about a 20% who suffer not-so-serious side effects buit my infusion nurse said that these figures were based on clinical experience with cancer patients and that she would expect the rate to be far lower with MS patients.
Apologies for my terrible username. I never thought I'd use the forum much when I registered..
patientx
Family Elder

Post by patientx »

Sorry to go off topic, but Jack I noticed in your signature line you were re-diagnosed RRMS. Why the change?
ElMarino
Family Elder

Post by ElMarino »

It's been about three weeks since my second of the two infusions.

Perhaps I've had a tiny, tiny improvement..
In any event, I wasn't anticipating any improvement, I'm just hoping on svoiding my seasonal Spring relapse.

So, I just t5hought that I'd post to say 'nothing to report'..

By the way, I'm very squeemish and I can't stand the experience of being in a hospital but I did not find treatment at all unpleasant.
Apologies for my terrible username. I never thought I'd use the forum much when I registered..
msmything
Family Elder

username

Post by msmything »

ElMarino,...Kind of gives you a latino romantic feel..

Don't know what you were going for though...
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
LR1234
Family Elder

Re: first infusion

Post by LR1234 »

Hey ElMarino,
Wondering how you are getting on.....did this drug help at all?