How to re-activate poll...

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
VirtuallyFine
Family Member

How to re-activate poll...

Post by VirtuallyFine »

I am hoping to get more feedback on the poll I posted "Which Fatigue Medication Works For You?" ~ is it possible to have it re-enabled?

Thanks,
VF.
< March 20, 2004 = I want my life back *sigh*
> March 20, 2004 = ...day one on alertec = getting my life back? *grin*
Administrator
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Administrator »

Hi there,

The poll is still active. The most current results are:

provigil (modafinil)
25% [ 1 ]
acetyl l-carnitine (ALCAR)
25% [ 1 ]
pemoline (cylert)
0% [ 0 ]
amantadine
50% [ 2 ]

Please fish around the post and see if you can get it to show you the results-- if not please post again and we'll try and recreate what you're seeing. From our end everything looks ok
VirtuallyFine
Family Member

Thank You!

Post by VirtuallyFine »

Those are the same results I am seeing...I was expecting to see more replies hence my thinking it was no longer active. I am now surprised that there are so few replies! Perhaps more will come with time.

Thank you again...

vf
< March 20, 2004 = I want my life back *sigh*
> March 20, 2004 = ...day one on alertec = getting my life back? *grin*
Shayk
Family Elder

Post by Shayk »

Hi vf

I'm the one who voted for acetyl l carnitine (ALCAR), but didn't think I could give you much info because I'm a "newbie"

On Avonex 3 mos., and at this time I am only taking 1/4th the recommended dose in the study (1 500 mg pill a day).

Problem is, :? I've had a lot going on and can't really say if the ALCAR is making me less fatigued.

About 3 days after I started compounded HRT, ALCAR and alpha lipoic acid (both on pharmacist's recommendation when I picked up the HRT), my neurologist 8O shocked me by putting me oral steroids when I called to report my first relapse.

:roll: It's anybody's guess what's contributed to my feeling better. :)

I think the alpha lipoic acid is helping numbness, burning, tingling and MS hug of my left leg.

I'm also more alert and walking better (my worst symptom).

As a newbie it looks like I could end up taking a lot of drugs for a lot of different symptoms at some point, so I'm trying hard to stay away from anything but the Avonex until I have too.

That's the reason I'm sticking with ALCAR for now. My pharmacist recommended it as "neuroprotective" and then this study came out.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide and if it works.

I find this whole MS stuff to be mind boggling at best :?: or worst :lol:

Sharon

Return to “Site Support”