I'm wondering why the number of moderators hasn't increased in relation to the growth of TIMS since the appearance of CCSVI?
Increasing the size of the team of moderators would take off pressure from current moderators, provide for better coverage of all forums, increase respect for all moderators, decrease moderator mistakes, and increase member satisfaction.
I can think of two people who would make excellent additions to the team of moderators.
Looking forward to your reply,
HappyPoet I do not think the answer is more moderators. One thing to keep in mind is the ONLY forum where there are complaints,generally speaking, is from the CCSVI forum. Maybe a moderator just assigned to this forum would help? Although there has definitely been a need for some reminders to some of the members about forum rules I really have not read anything that would justify banning someone from Thisisms. If people are really looking to work through disagreements here is some tips from conflict resolution 101:
Unhealthy responses to conflict are characterized by:
* An inability to recognize and respond to matters of great importance to the other person
* Explosive, angry, hurtful, and resentful reactions
* The withdrawal of love, resulting in rejection, isolation, shaming, and fear of abandonment
* The expectation of bad outcomes
* The fear and avoidance of conflict
Healthy responses to conflict are characterized by:
* The capacity to recognize and respond to important matters
* A readiness to forgive and forget
* The ability to seek compromise and avoid punishing
* A belief that resolution can support the interests and needs of both parties