moderation discussion

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.

Postby CCSVIhusband » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

EJC wrote:Why are (quite valid) replies being removed from this thread?

Is there some internal politics going on on this forum?

I think we'd all like the answer to that ... because some of them, to your point, are quite valid. It's getting to be obnoxious.
CCSVIhusband
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:59 pm

EJC, flaming is moderated at TIMS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby EJC » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:39 pm

jimmylegs wrote:EJC, flaming is moderated at TIMS.

There's a very fine line between moderating and interfering.

I read nothing in the deleted post that I would constitute flaming, ease it up a notch or two.
EJC
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:54 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)
Flaming, also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.

here's the interpretation TIMS moderators work from:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-4760.html#4760
Personal attacks, which can consist of slightly veiled innuendo or sarcastic comments aimed at the poster as opposed to the content of the post, are not tolerated at This is MS. We of course reserve the right to ban or suspend any member who violates this rule.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jay123 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:01 am

My posts were all removed because I suggested to concerned that he quit spending all his time on this board knocking down ccsvi and spend more time researching other treatments that he thinks would be better.
His mother seems to have the right idea but obviously he disagrees.
I think he went to jimmylegs and she decided to delete all our posts. Moderation on this board is extremely inconsistent. If you saw my posts there wasn't any flaming, just saying what the heck are you spending so much time knocking down something you don't believe in, go find something better!
jay123
Family Elder

Postby HappyPoet » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 am

Jay, I have something to tell you that might make you feel better. If you want to know, send a PM for my email address.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Postby concerned » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

jay123 wrote:My posts were all removed because I suggested to concerned that he quit spending all his time on this board knocking down ccsvi and spend more time researching other treatments that he thinks would be better.
I think he went to jimmylegs and she decided to delete all our posts. Moderation on this board is extremely inconsistent. If you saw my posts there wasn't any flaming, just saying what the heck are you spending so much time knocking down something you don't believe in, go find something better!

Jimmylegs took out those posts on her own.
concerned

Postby malden » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

jay123 wrote:My posts were all removed because I suggested to concerned that he quit spending all his time on this board knocking down ccsvi and spend more time researching other treatments that he thinks would be better.

It is extremly rude. Who are you to suggested someone how he/she must behave on public forum? Who are you ?!
'His morher seems...' what do you know what his mother seems?!

'...knocking down ccsvi' ... This is not "I BELIEVE in CCSVI" forum. Get used to this. M.
malden

Postby jay123 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:15 pm

- He stated before his mother is very interested in ccsvi, before you make comments you should read the posts.
- No it's not rude to ask why someone who doesn't believe in a treatment spends all their time knocking it down.
- I am all for constructive criticism, I understand that people should discuss both sides of the issue. But, during discussions you do need to listen to the other side.
This has gone on long enough, my final points are; the moderators need to get more consistent, and concerned needs to move on to a treatment he approves of for his mother as obviously he will never be a ccsvi 'believer'.
jay123
Family Elder

Return to Site Support