Mark Forums Read

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
Lyon
Family Elder

Mark Forums Read

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mark Forums Read

Post by NHE »

Lyon wrote:With this new forum software it's handy to be able to "Mark Forums Read" from the board index when none of the postings are of interest.
That feature was present in the old forum software. It's likely that you just never noticed it.

NHE
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

I'm glad you brought this up, because now that I've tried it I've found it really is a handy tool in the new updated forum. I do recall seeing the option before, but it wasn't needed because my visits often "timed out" on me before I was finished reading all the new posts anyway, so I couldn't remember whether I had done so or not. Or else I logged off the internet and when I returned all posts showed up as "read."

I'm not sure how long unread posts stay lit up now (days? weeks? months?) but I was wasting a lot of time reopening a forum and finding I was already done with it even though the entire page was still lit up. Now I can click each forum off and wait until new posts build up again. Cool! :smile:

P.S. This is especially handy when one has a computer that sucks.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)

Return to “Site Support”