why?????????????this does not make Sense!!!!!!!!

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
munchkin
Family Elder

Re: why?????????????this does not make Sense!!!!!!!!

Post by munchkin »

Hi HappyPoet

Your post is also thoughtful and I do not get the sense that this is a battle of ideas. The way in which the issue was handled could have been done differently. I, personally was not thinking of that issue.

One of the things with THISMS is the variety of opinions and the willingness to try things. When I started looking into CCSVI I was looking for the surgical procedure and I found that information here. The good and the bad, as the bad had started to get more notice. When I think of UCC I am not thinking of a surgical procedure but a non-surgical and non-drug procedure. To me that's the difference.

Most of the other threads are opinions or things that people are trying personally to help cope or deal with unexpected issues. Dr. Scalfani and Dr. Cumming deal directly with the surgical procedure.

It is saddening to see that this issue has caused stress for anyone, we cannot afford the stress. Those are my thoughts and whichever way the thread flows :wink: is what will happen.
Sunnee
Family Member

Post by Sunnee »

Blossom,

It does concern me that Newly diagnosed will see CCSVI treatment with stents or whatever they do as their only option and by moving Uprightdoc way down the league and where his invaluable contribution could be missed, therefore leaves the playing field wide open.

CCSVI is a symptom of a condition whether it be caused by MS or created by a problem with the neck or cervical spine that as yet to be established.

Not everyone can afford the current treatment offered, and yes it will have its benefits but it certainly isnt the total picture, and UCC may answer a lot more, our spines are our centres all messages nerves come from it, if it is out of alignment in anyway there will be consequences to it affecting nerves etc, a bit like having your tracking out on your car, it causes wear and tare in other areas, it doesnt run smoothly, adjust it and it runs better, but damage may have been caused in other areas which now also need attention.

You have to have up to date discussion for and against something, alternatives different options, different opinions, I fear now that will not happen and that is a great shame a great shame indeed.

Sunnee
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Sunnee, that was perfectly put. I hope the moderators will consider all what has been discussed here and reverse their decision.
Montana
Family Member

Post by Montana »

I am disheartened by the decision to move Dr. Flanagan’s thread. It is untimely given the growing professional interest in any possible relationship between cervical trauma and some CCSVI cases. Flanagan’s thread is not about garden variety UC chiropractic and its efficacy. It is about expanding the horizons of research and searching outside the box for solutions. Isn’t that what Zamboni did? Dr. Flanagan is a scholar in the areas of spine and skull anatomy, the physics of fluid mechanics and brain perfusion with astute observations about blood and CSF flow as they may impact some of us. He offers a viable path to explore beyond the purviews of neurology and vascular surgery.

I would never have found Dr. Flanagan’s insightful posts and discovered their absolute relevance to my situation if they had been anywhere elsewhere on TIMS except the CCSVI page.
As a result of Dr. Flanagan’s informative posts, his book and communications about my very complicated situation, I have been able to problem solve and direct my energy in a focused manner rather than continue to flounder in a sea of questions and experiments…could it be this, could it be that. I was able to be tested and immediately go to the critical core of my issues…MS/CCSVI/spondylosis/stenosis of the cervical spine with chronic ischemia, edema, moderate cerebral atrophy, dolchoectasia impingement of the cerebellar tonsils plus the possibility of Chiari and NPH. Yes, it’s ugly and it is all invisible to the casual observer. But, I’d rather know the facts than face judgments that my symptoms sound “hypochondriacal.”

Please reconsider moving Dr. Flanagan’s thread back where it will be more easily found by folks like me who might benefit from his expertise.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

fyi don't shoot the messemger but when dr. flanagan was originally contacted privately regarding a potential move to the chiropractic forum, he was fine with it.

i see even distribution of comments for and against the move here, by a quite small number of members.

meanwhile the conversation continues calmly on dr. flanagan's thread in its new home.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

jimmylegs wrote:fyi don't shoot the messemger but when dr. flanagan was originally contacted privately regarding a potential move to the chiropractic forum, he was fine with it.

i see even distribution of comments for and against the move here, by a quite small number of members.

meanwhile the conversation continues calmly on dr. flanagan's thread in its new home.
uprightdoc wrote:It is my fault that the thread was moved here. I am not at all familiar with the layout of this site. NHE asked me what I thought about moving it here and I thought it would be helpful so I said okay as long as I can move it back if it doesn't work. After several complaints and requests I have asked NHE to move it back. So far I have not recieved a reply.

jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i can't speak for NHE, but we do have to consider *all* TiMS members unfortunately. we'll see how it plays out.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

At least you didn't shoot the messenger.

:wink:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

warning

Post by jimmylegs »

no personal attacks. transferred content pending review by administrators. warning issued.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Order has been restored. Dr. Flanagan's thread is back in the CCSVI forum. :)

I think upper cervical care is seen as a complement to CCSVI procedures, because it may improve the cerebrospinal fluid flow or affect the flow in the small blood vessels of the spine if alignment is corrected. And it's seen as an alternative for those who have had CCSVI procedures that did not work or have not yet had a procedure. I wonder if it would resolve the concern that upper cervical care may be confused with jugular venoplasty for someone coming to the forum knowing nothing about CCSVI, if the title of his thread could be clarified to say that it is upper cervical care as a complement or alternative for CCSVI treatment?
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

YEAH!!!!

Return to “Site Support”