putting HTML in posts doesn't always work

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.

putting HTML in posts doesn't always work

Postby notasperfectasyou » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:06 am

I have two links I tried to put in a post today and they don't work the post if titled:

Third Point: So what about this Antioxidant thing?

and it is in the Vitamin C forum: http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... 4459#14459

I know the addresses are right because the do cut and paste to explorer just fine. can this be fixed? do I need to write the link differently? Thanks for checking, Ken/napay
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Arron » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:03 pm

fixed it... i think it's a bug in the forum software, quite frankly, but the two issues were that the URL's were too long and that there cannot be a space between the url= code and the link text. I edited the extraneous data out of the URLs and removed the spaces, and things work now.

Great posts, by the way :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Thank You

Postby notasperfectasyou » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:55 pm

I really like this site and hope that I'm making a contribution. i do wish folks would reply with their own thoughts, I'm definitely wanting to improve the posts and put in more info. I don't want folks to just accept it without questioning it. ciao, napay
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Re: Long URLs

Postby NHE » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:07 pm

Arron wrote:...the URL's were too long...

I've run into this problem before. I've used http://tinyurl.com in order to work around it.

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Site Support