statins

Discussion of statins (Lipitor, Zocor, etc.) in the treatment of MS.
MerMer

Statin drugs for MS

Post by MerMer »

Hi all,
I asked my neuro on 6/17 about statin drugs. He said the study in California was moving very slowly (I'm in Oregon). The reason for this is that the research is not being backed by any of the statin drug makers. He said the reason for this is money (of course). He said the statin drug makers already make tons of money off U.S. patients that they have no need to undertake spendy research when the population that it might serve is small in comparison to all the high-cholesterol users.
Sad.
LifeontheIce
Family Elder

Post by LifeontheIce »

I posted my story yesterday on the "Antibiotics".

Lipitor pulled me out from what I believed was a SPMS. I was taking 80 mg a day along with 500 mg of CoQ10 which prevents muscle problems. I started Lipitor in November 2002 and stopped it in February 2005 only to switch to the antibiotics. Lipitor was a wonder drug for me. All my neurological symptoms were gone after two months. I never experienced any side effects.

I was very afraid to stop statins but with cure in mind I had to do it. I am now five months on Dr. Wheldon regimen and since the diagnosis in November 2002 I had no sign of recurrence.