Will be starting BG12 in a few days

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.

Will be starting BG12 in a few days

Postby valvy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 pm

ok I have read some of the tips on taking BG12 I am a bit frightful for I have never had any problems on Copoxane my dr wants me to try this cuz I am not improving nor getting too much worse but can someone please advise me what kind of asprin I should try? Its only been mentioned coated I have stocked up on GingerAle and crackers Immodium anything else? oh lotsa water but what type of asprins should I pick up? I start in a few dayz Thank You :?
valvy

Re: Will be starting BG12 in a few days

Postby valvy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Also...is there anyone out there that is actually doing well on BG12? I would like to hear that also
valvy

Postby Sparky10 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 am

I've been on it for a little over a month. Only side effects I've had was face and neck flushing/redness, but only maybe 3 or 4 times. No tummy troubles at all. I do not premedicate. I personally would not premedicate at all until I knew I had to.

Good luck to you with BG12!
Sparky10
Family Member

Postby micheleinva » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Valvy--
I think a lot of people take regular coated aspirin (not baby aspirin). I think it si 325 mg. Any brand will work.
I am on week #3. If you want to read about my experience and what worked for me to get rid of stomach pain, I posted a thread called "Get rid of Tecfidera Stomach Pain". I would also recommend that you read Ladymac's (I think this is the link: tecfidera-bg-12-dimethyl-fumarate-f52/topic22462.html ) I used her advice and lots of the other advice on the board to make my own plan and it has really been helpful. Good luck!
micheleinva
Getting to Know You...

Return to Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)