Tovaxin and Progessive MS?

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Just sharing part of a private post. Tim clarified that its which of these (ie White Blood Cells CD4 or CD8) that are Myelin Reactive, that makes the differentiation. Now, its only treatments similar to tovaxin that specifically have processes to isolate (and therefore identify) which of the WBC's are actually myelin reactive.

However, to be honest, this WBC differentriation would appear to be a MAJOR discovery in iteself to me. As a diagnostic tool, I would see it as being up there with (or even beyond) MRI's in predicting future paths.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

CureOrBust wrote: However, to be honest, this WBC differentriation would appear to be a MAJOR discovery in iteself to me. As a diagnostic tool, I would see it as being up there with (or even beyond) MRI's in predicting future paths.
Hi Cure,
It does seem that Opexa is onto some things that no one else is and I'd love it if they would publish a paper explaining some of.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of the myelin reactive T cells but when they start dividing those into CD-8's and CD-4's....they lost me!

Bob
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Hi all,
It seems Tim, as usual, has again proved his one answer leads to ten questions theory. Like you all, I am more interested in the ability to classify MS types than whatever my original question was. It would have saved a considerable amount of frustration to have had this typing done initially. Possibly my Neuro doesn't know about this possibility (or didn't want to speak of something that was out of reach) and after many long conversations on the subject I always got "there is no way to tell". Regardless, this would have to be considered a major break through if it can some day find its way into standard protocol. In my case, I am resting easier without the fear of being released from the study, not to mention finally being able to put RR in front of MS. This has turned out to be a great "extra" in this Tovaxin journey. Thank you all for your imput on this subject. Tim, if you are still "onboard", I'm sure I am one of many who thank you deeply for the effort you have put forth.
Good wishes.
Lars

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”