A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Sweetyhide
Family Member

Post by Sweetyhide »

Hey MaggieMae!

Seems I have lost some entrys on my blog :(
I did a quick update: http://360.yahoo.com/sweetyhide

I am doing well actually.
Excited about the extension. Like a child waiting for Christmas morning.
:D
~Sweety
Peace, Love and Potato Salad
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

Sweetyhide wrote:I just talked to my coordinator yesterday to make my next appt (I am currently waiting out that big 8 week gap) and she told me the extension study protocol is finally in and we will talk about it at my 12/11 appt.

Seems this year has went by at a snails pace!
I try to read your-all's messages at least once a week and decided it's high time I posted something!

I'm nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs wondering when I'm going to learn if I've been taking the real goop or the placebo. Guess I'm not a "mysteries" person! Ready for answers! I'm sure you all are, too!
Jane the Pain
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Jane,

I think the mystery will continue. My understanding is that once all of the data has been analyzed and published, you can find out if you were on placebo or Tovaxin during the first year.

Because the study is a double-blind placebo study, unblinding patients before the study is completed would influence decisions and effect the end results of the study.
Best regards, Tim

In 2001, my family helped fund the startup of Opexa. My father served on the Board of Directors of PharmaFrontiers, now Opexa Therapeutics, until the company completed a successful 23-million dollar financing round.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Bob,
At what point would that be? Even though the first year is "the study", from what I gather the second year and every year after, until FDA approval, is "the extension study".
My guess is that you will be able to find out about one year after Tovaxin has been approved. The phase III trial will also be a double-blind placebo study and reading posted information from people in the IIb trial about their experience relative to being on placebo or Tovaxin might bias the next study.
Best regards, Tim

In 2001, my family helped fund the startup of Opexa. My father served on the Board of Directors of PharmaFrontiers, now Opexa Therapeutics, until the company completed a successful 23-million dollar financing round.
Lyon
Family Elder

Who am I?

Post by Lyon »

IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Bob,
I'm still confused though. My drinking buddy George Harrison and I have always wondered "what is life?"
Cogito, ergo sum
Best regards, Tim

Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Bob,

You can put this on your business card.

senex flatus peritus in omnibus rebus

Translation tomorrow
Best regards, Tim

Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

I think he called you an old man! :lol:
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Terry,
I think he called you an old man!
You are close. The phrase more closely refers to an endearing term we use for old men.
Best regards, Tim

Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Does that mean "old fart?" :lol:
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Loobie,

You get half of the gold star, now what does the rest say. Off to cut the annual Christmas tree.
Best regards, Tim

Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Bob,
the best I can tell is that I'm a flatulent old chihuahua who wants sex badly (or bad sex).

Unless you drive a Caddy with a lot of chrome and wear a full-length fur coat, I don't think you want that on your business card.

"Senex flatus peritus in omnibus rebus", comes from a friend's father's business card. He said that his father had that on his business card, and that the translation is, "Old Fart experienced in all things". Since this is Latin and any translation is subject to some interpretation, a more general translation would be, "an old fart experienced/expert in many/all things".

We cut the annual Christmas tree today, and since I am again able to cut the tree, I get to cut the tree whether I want to or not. We took some pictures on my cell phone. Now I need to figure out how to get them on to my computer.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, or wishing everyone a happy whatever. I am off to Chicago for my Grandmother's 99th birthday.
Best regards, Tim

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”