Last first phase and first extension visit

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

MaggieMae,
Where are you getting info about the MBP8298 research?
Thanks,
Lars
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Lars,

I just googled it and tons of stuff came up. It is the stuff from BioMS.
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi Loobie,
I thought I would try and change your superhero status to mob boss status since I figured pinstripe suits won't chafe nearly as much as blue tights!
Don (Tim) Corleone: Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

We are just about to sing happy birthday to Granny. Signing off.
Best regards, Tim

In 2001, my family helped fund the startup of Opexa. My father served on the Board of Directors of PharmaFrontiers, now Opexa Therapeutics, until the company completed a successful 23-million dollar financing round.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Loobie and Lars,

I'll keep you both in my thoughts, that you'll feel better soon. It must be frustrating to be in a flare while in the trial. You're both heroes in my eyes.

Take care....

Ewizabeth
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Thanks for the kind words Ewizabeth. I know there's no "when it's over" to MS, but I can't wait until the trial is over at the very least.

Bob,

TimBob just doesn't sound high tech enough. I was thinking something along the lines of T-Bone pharmaceuticals. That should inspire much confidence when recruiting venture capital. "A free four pack of T-Bones with every 2 million dollars".
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Lars,

I first read about MBP8298 last year when researching treatments for MS. Since it is used for Secondary Progressive, I was very interested. I took articles to my husband's neurologist. He is never interested in Clinical Trials. Doesn't like that patient may be on a Placebo, etc. etc. The first trials were conducted in Europe and Canada - MAESTRO-01.
As Lars said, just google or read some of the other sites that research new treatments.

Here is a little info on MAESTRO-03 which is being conducted in U.S. --

BioMS Medical Corp., a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), today announced that more than 133 patients have been enrolled in its MAESTRO-03 U.S. pivotal phase III clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS). An interim safety and efficacy analysis will be performed on data from the first 133 patients enrolled when they have completed 24 months of the clinical trial.
"There has been overwhelming enthusiasm and support from the MS community for our U.S. Phase III trial," said Kevin Giese, President and CEO of BioMS Medical. "With the ramp-up in the initiation of participating clinical sites and patient recruitment we are on track to complete enrollment in the first half of 2008."

The MAESTRO-03 U.S. pivotal phase III clinical trial is a randomized, double-blind study enrolling approximately 510 patients at more than 60 clinical sites who will be administered either MBP8298 or placebo intravenously every six months for a period of two years. The primary clinical endpoint for the trial is defined as a statistically and clinically significant increase in the time to progression of the disease as measured by the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS), in patients with HLA-DR2 and/or HLA-DR4 immune response genes (up to 75% of all MS patients are HLA-DR2 and/or HLA-DR4 positive).

Source: BioMS Medical Corp (12/11/07)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

You could also include a six pack of Helminths!
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Thanks Ewiizabeth, MaggieMae and all,
Like Loobie, I'm not feeling overly heroic at the moment, just trying to find the best answer to a new question everyday. You must also be careful not to incur the wrath of one unnamed "phone booth" individual.
Thanks for the info on Bioms, I am part of our local ms board and as you all know there is a great desire for good news on the progressive front.

A quick update: Day 3 today of infused Solumedrol (sp?), strangely I feel like my body is full of steroids. Maybe I should relax and view this as a way to regain some lost muscle mass while hoping not to experience the other famous side effect from steroids (I'll stop there). Honestly, beyond some odd and expected physical junk I seem to be getting some symptom relief. Pain has become manageable and I am pretty sure that some numbness is being relieved. I check in again later when I'm at the ski area!
Good Wishes,
Lars

"You must do the things you think you cannot do"
Eleanor Roosevelt
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Bob,
Thhanksss for clearing up the ithssue, I was beginning to wonder. I was told 2 things, 1) I could not continue while in exacerbation and 2) I could re-test 30 days after my last dose of steroids. My last (and 1st )exacerbation lasted almost a year, I felt the steroid route to be the quickest way to get back in trial. We'll see.
cee ya ssoon ssailor,
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Larrrth,

You thaavage.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Obviously the tone of the last few posts scared everyone away. You can all come back, my lisp has subsided. I don't have much positive to say about the steroid infusions, so I'll keep it brief. It has been 5 days since my last infusion and I would be OK with just getting back to the lousiness prior to it. Didn't agree with me, made me sick in pretty much every conceivable way, and most importantly hasn't helped the original issues one bit. Maybe it's too soon to expect anything. I'll let you know.
Lars