Opexa News

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Chris,

Thanks for the well wishes, but I want to say good luck to YOU. You have to be on an emotional ride and I hope that JH really works for you. I've been following Chrishasms's posts every day since I'm so intrigued by a procedure where they actually tout recovery and after this shit, you deserve some recovery! Like you did with Opexa, keep us posted as to how it's going. I'd really be interested in all the precert. stuff you have to do since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there. My big fear is that I haven't been on an FDA drug for a while and I think UHC wants you to have tried two and failed before they will pony up the Benjamins. Oh well, I didn't need to retire anyway!

Good luck and Godspeed with Revimmune.

Lew
pvns2005
Family Member

Post by pvns2005 »

Faith Brotha, Faith....

Peace Out....
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Chris,
Even though it doesn't make sense to me, I suppose one could look at your issue and assume that the Opexa staff has knowledge beyond our understanding and even though it sounds suspicious, we could defer to a higher knowledge base. My problem is with the rest of your trial site, if indeed they were all dropped, my ability to defer without question does not exist.,
Good luck in your next quest.
Best Wishes
Lars
pvns2005
Family Member

Post by pvns2005 »

Opexa does have knowledge that is over all of our heads and whatever they feel is best for the trial participants shows me that Opexa has all our best interests and health in mind. It is a clinical trial and the trial participants do have privacy even if not in a trial so the staff cannot tell me, or anyone, any circumstances surrounding each person in the trial. So the main point I am making is that I am only concerned about my business and my health.

I think I made my point so lets all move on and stop speculating and remember to keep in close contact with your Reaserch Coordinator.

On to the next...........:arrow:
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

pvns2005: I agree opexa does have our best interest in mind. If I remember your post correctly they even were big enough to contact you directly. I still consider it an honor to be in this war against MS with you. Please stay in contact and keep you blog alive. I will still visit it, you never know others may be in a similar place in there battle. Your battle lines may have changed, but I still consider you to be on the front lines with me. Never give up, and keep hope alive.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

thoughts

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Opexa is a publicly traded business. Let's not forget that it exists to generate a profit and huge financial returns for folks who own the stock.

In order to assure the viability of their product they have to follow a protocol that is acceptable to the government for conducting the trials. These protocols are designed to serve the purpose of satisfying the government, not the participants.

The publicly traded company cannot earn a profit unless it gets approval from the governemnt. Logically, trial participants come in third at best. The effort is foremost designed to meet the needs of the investors and the government.

I don't mean to sound callous, but I know I do.

It's an amazing thing to think of a process that is designed to purposefully give some folks a fake treatment. I also understand the reality of the world and I know this is all accepted practice.

So while I do think it's a great thing that Opexa is working on this, and I'm happy that they might actualy have something that seems to be working for some folks, and I pray every day that we get a cure ......... I don't want to confuse those efforts with the underlying goal. Opexa is not a charitable nonprofit organization.

Regarding funding, money is largely driven by greed in the capital markets that Opexa is now operating in. The fact is that they need to approach prospecive investors with "the cure to MS" and try to convince them that they might double, triple, quaduple their money or more in a short period of time. Opexa did not manage it's money well and hence they are now short of completing the trial and they are looking for money to keep it going. I think they have a good pitch to make, I'm not reading about folks having more exaserbations while on Tovaxin. Hopefully they get the money they need, hopefully the management of the trial is going better than the management of the company. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: thoughts

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Gambling

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Isn't so much of this whole experience about gambling?

Health and Money. They kinda go together, and yet how I wish they didn't.
I'm not going to spend time reviewing their financial statements, but in a nutshell you can have confidence that investors who do read the financial statements used to think this company was worth $7.00 a share and now they think it's worth $2.00. There's no more concise a summary.

Knowledgeable folks think this company is losing value -or- in simple terms they think the financial strength of the company is being miss managed.

That is not a comment on the viability of Tovaxin. Investors don't necessarily "buy" because they believe in the product. Investors buy because they believe in the potential for increase in value. This is a subtle difference. If you watch a few shows of "Deal or No Deal" this detail will become more clear. So you can feel some comfort in knowing that the value of the shares is not really reflective of the value of the drug. The company is spending more than budget and burning their money faster then investors think is appropriate, and the stock gets punished for bad behavior. If it sounds like a game, it is. Ken
Last edited by notasperfectasyou on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainer
Family Elder

Post by rainer »

Treatment decisions would be a lot easier if presented by models.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

I am hesitant to share this because I am not sure who can really say what in regards to the trial but...I have heard on good authority that Opexa is suspending its other drug trials to ensure the completion of the Tovaxin trial. I always post old news so, anyone? Good news for us Tovaxinites, bad news for the other trials. Hope I am not spreading rumors! Maybe Tim is still out there.....
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Bob,
Makes sense, good answer. For the record, it was my coordinator that checked up on this. I told her I was a bit concerned about Opexa finishing the trial so she took matters in hand and called them. She seems satisfied, so to am I. My coordinator is the poster girl for "action".
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Well, them banking on this maybe means this is the money!! I sure in the hell hope so. I'm so sick of MS right now I could just........well whatever I can still do that doesn't take too much energy :lol: . At any rate, that is scary and sweet at the same time. I guess we should feel fortunate we are not in one of the other trials! It would REALLY piss me off to have this much time invested. I found out at my last appt. that we are doing a Campath trial at my site. Does that make sense? I thought that stuff was in Phase III. Maybe I'm mistaken and it's something else, but I swear he said Campath because I remember thinking immediatley about Ian. Oh well, if it's open label, maybe that will be my next try if something doesn't bust loose hear soon (like in a month or so). I had felt temporarily better for a few days, but since it was just a few days I didn't post per the 4 day rule. I'm glad I didn't since I still feel like ass. Oh well, that's interesting to hear Lars. Thanks for the info!

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”