Opexa News

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

More news from Opexa. See:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

Sounds as if they will publish results of our trial in September '08.
Last edited by TWG on Wed May 14, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

TWG,
Happy to hear from you, how was your visit. What news off the extension for you? Do you have your blood draw scheduled? I hope Opexa can pull off the date for the 11b results, my last visit isn't until July and I don't think I'm at the end of the pack (maybe close). That doesn't give them much time to get it ready but lets hope! Thanks for the link it seems the financial issue isn't quite as dire.
Lars
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

Hey Lars. My visit went well, thanks. I was told it was my last of the IIb and the first of the extension. So hopefully I will receive a call in 2 weeks about the big draw of blood, will let you know as I seem to proceed you by one visit, it kind of gives you a heads up I guess. Check your PM's occasionally, so it doesn't get buried in the forum somehow. I will post in both so others who may find my tidbits usefully can read. The staff there mentioned your question about Opexa's viability to finance, and they too put my mind at ease as well. We have got one great team there! They seem to have a lot of trouble getting blood out of me, my veins are deep. They never leave any bruises, which surprises me every time since the people at my own doctor's office generally do. The whole lower half of my left arm was bruised fairly bad after my infusion for my relapse. The person at the doctor's office here at home said "Can you believe I've only been out of nursing school for 2 weeks", the next day I could!! Gave me a new appreciation for our staff at the clinic we go to. Take care, I believe the prize is in sight now, the staff is very excited for me, and I guess it is very contagious!!
Last edited by TWG on Wed May 14, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

TWG wrote:The person at the doctor's office here at home said "Can you believe I've only been out of nursing school for 2 weeks", the next day I could!!
LOL! Nice.

Last time I was in the hospital, I got to be a nursing student's first IV stick! Good times.

Thanks for the update.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

Check this out! Could be informative, definitely interesting, mark your calendars!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080514/20080514 ... &quicken=2
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Thanks for the info. TWG!!
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

TWG
Thanks for the link, I did indeed mark my calender, should be interesting. Glad your visit went well, I suppose next time we meet we will be "extension" patients, congratulations. I wish I could figure out a way to convince them that my last visit would be a great time to send me up the road to Denver for my bag o' blood draw. My frequent driver miles are through the roof as I know yours are. See you soon.
Be Well,
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

I have google alerts set to let me know whenever there is news from Opexa or about Tovaxin. Here's the latest...

http://www.businesswire.com/news/google ... 3006470/en

It sounds like good results will be reported in September.

Marcia
Marcia
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

Like most here, I also have google alerts put in place for the words “opexa” and “tovaxin”. Here is a link to their most recent press release entitled "Opexa Therapeutics Presents Myelin Reactive T-Cell Research at the International Society of Cell Therapy Annual Meeting”

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Hi All,
So, I Have been out of town for the past 4 days and I missed Opexas' presentation. Are we cured? Is the company rolling in dough? Did anyone watch?
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Flip flopper,
Thanks for the link. Am I reading that wrong or are those on therapies actually producing more MRTC's than those not? I have to say the whole MRTC dilemma has me perplexed and I have silently wondered (until now) if putting all of ones eggs in the MRTC basket is possibly misguided. We have seen people on this site test negative while in exacerbation. I mean how much more MS'ey can you get than exacerbation? I optimistically pray for Tovaxins T-cell therapy to be the real deal but find myself wondering about a thread conversation with Bob not so long ago that addressed B cells as possible combination culprit. How 'bout a MRTBC test? This should be real time so someone with some judgement could tell me I'm rambling.
Lars
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Got to be B cells too.

Logically.

But if Tovaxin can suppress the result of the B cells action i.e. T cells it can help surely.

Unless B cells also attack directly.

Maybe there's more than one reactive type.

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”