I'm telling you kids that sometimes I think Opexa has a secondary "mission" to confuse us into flares. No kidding!
I'm just about ready for that Visit 52/0 excitement a few of you have already done (May 1 for me). Those of us who have already gotten the paperwork should pretty much be able to swear that the second chunk looks a whole lot like the first chunk only with fewer MRIs.
Then comes this weekend! UGH!
Came down with a massive UTI and was on the verge of a panic attack knowing, absolutely *knowing* that a round of antibiotics would delay this visit 30 days past the last pill-swallowing.
Not at all! I'm still on track for May 1, even though I won't be finished with my meds until this Saturday morning!
I was so troubled by this "news" that I went through the new paperwork again to clarify the antibotics/steroids stuff. Looks to me exactly like the stuff we had for the first part of the study: 30 days wait after antibiotics, 60 days wait following steroids.
But I just got an e-mail from my coordinator, (quote) "... I e-mailed Opexa and they are assuring me that antibiotics will not affect the MRTC blood draw. We need to maintain your visit schedule."
I AM SO CONFUSED!
Any clues why things are different for the second half of this study?!?!?!
Bothered and definitely bewildered but not bewitched (at least to my knowledge...)