Tovaxin and LDN

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Tovaxin and LDN

Post by av8rgirl »

I don't know if this question has been asked before so smack me if it has...but...is LDN allowed if you are in the trial for Tovaxin?

I am so tired of all these drugs I am taking that aren't working that I am ready to stop taking everything except the Topamax for my migraines and try LDN....seriously. But, I cannot find anything about whether or not it is approved....

anyone know?

I am tired of hurting, tired of the pain, tired of being sick...

yes, I am having a bad day, week, month. I just want off the merry go round.
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

It's not approved by the FDA, but you can check out the LDN thread on here and there are many pharmacies in there that you can get it from with an Rx from you Doctor.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Not approved for MS that is.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

found the other thread

Post by av8rgirl »

Thanks!!!!!

I know that it's not approved by the FDA for MS. My non-clinical trial neuro will write me a script for it. But will the clinical trial people allow it????

Does anyone know?

I am taking Provigil, which is off label for MS fatigue. No one objects to that .

I also took Sinemet for spasticity. It's a parkinson's drug for tremors, not MS spasticity; if you really want to get technicial....just playing devil's advocate here.

Wasn't there a small LDN clinical trial for MS symptom management ----

By the way, after I posted this I did find the other thread... :oops:
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I called Dr. Garces (med. director at Opexa) and asked him about another drug I was going to try. He is pretty easy to get a hold of and he has full access to the 'banned drugs list'. I would start by just giving them a shout down there. I got Dr. Garces's voice mail, but he called and left me a message, so he will get back to you. I would just ask and find out.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Thanks! I just didn't know where to start!
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

av8rgirl wrote:Thanks! I just didn't know where to start!
Just curious what they said about this. Any word?
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Clinical trial doc said NO!!

End of story.

He said if I want to try something that is not approved for MS, then I am out of the trial. My choice.

I don't want out of the trial.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

av8rgirl wrote:Clinical trial doc said NO!!

End of story.

He said if I want to try something that is not approved for MS, then I am out of the trial. My choice.

I don't want out of the trial.
Good, because we need you here. :D
Jane the Pain

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”