By mid-April, I was in the midst of a full blown exacerbation again. After much discussion back and forth between the clinical trial neuro and my local neuro (450 miles apart), it was finally decided that I could have 3 days of IVSM since I was technically not in the trial, and the blood draw on the 1st revealed no MRTCs. I would have to wait the 90 days for the redraw.
I am now scheduled for the redraw on June 27th.
I have another sinus infection.
I'm guessing just like you and everyone else but I've heard that if mrtc's were detected at the beginning of the trial, they will be again, providing that you aren't doing anything which will "mask" the mrtc's.
At the beginning of the trial I got the idea that steroids could sometimes mask mrtc's for 90 days or even longer.
With the admittance that I'm not comfortable that I completely understand what masking is, and with the admittance that it's easy for me to be patient, I think it's WAY early to let the situation worry you too much, although I completely understand.
I did steroids last August, last vaccine Sept 21, then steroids again in April. I had the MRTC blood draw before I did steroids in April. Negative. I retested June 27, negative.
That's my understanding as well Bob, that if you had them you should have them again.
In a way, I guess it's good that I don't because maybe I am part of non-placebo group that is responding well. But then again, it's the not knowing part that is hard. I guess you can sense my frustration and the lack of information I am getting from my coordinator. She is non medical. Can't answer any questions. Plus I live 450 miles away so it's not like I can just drop in when I feel like crap and I get into trouble for seeing my local neuro. Lately, I feel like crap a lot.
I am not quitting, I'd just like to be a little better informed instead of left hanging...see ya in 90 days. Don't call us we'll call you.