Tovaxin Open Label Extension Schedules

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Lyon wrote:
av8rgirl wrote:If I am once again negative then I wait another 90 days to be retested, if I am positive then I get the procurement visit scheduled!!!
It will be nice to see the positive result!
Bob
Yes, it will be nice to have a positive .... it only took the tech 4 sticks to get those 13 tubes of blood out of me today! I was happy to see the new consent forms with fewer blood draws in the new trial! Thank YOU whoever!!
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

I was originally schedule to receive my first OLTERMS shot on 10/18/08, but hurricane IKE delayed that. I am now scheduled to receive my first shot Friday 10/24/08 at 1:30pm. I am continuing with this study, going to ride the bull till the buzzer rings!
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

TWG,
I really admire your "mission to complete", I have the utmost respect. And as a professional Bull rider for some 20 + years, I really appreciate the "ride for 8 attitude" and metaphor.
Good thoughts your way,
Lars
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

I have been taking a break from visiting this site since the last time I posted. Mike, could you please remove me from this list?

To everyone else who was in this trial, regardless of what you decide to do next, I wish you the best of luck

FF
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

I received a phone call from my IIb trial site coordinator. She told me that I was on placebo during the trial and wondered if the injections (I've had 2) in the extension study were doing anything. I let her know that I don't notice any difference yet. No better but no new symptoms. Maybe there will be a difference after the next shot on 10/7. The 100 day club is still about 6 weeks off.
My coordinator said that Opexa will need to complete another stage 2 trial before moving into stage 3. She feels that Tovaxin may turn out to be a great treatment for the newly dx'd with RRMS and especially for those newly dx'd at a young age.
I told her I would continue in the extension study to see myself through the series of injections especially since I was on placebo for all that time and would make a decision at that point on what my next step will be.
Have any of you all heard similar info from your trial sites?

Marcia
Marcia
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

Thanks Bob! I have nothing to add for now. Marcia, I also heard from my trial coordinator today. I was on Tovaxin during the trial
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

ssmme wrote:I received a phone call from my IIb trial site coordinator. She told me that I was on placebo during the trial and wondered if the injections (I've had 2) in the extension study were doing anything. I let her know that I don't notice any difference yet. No better but no new symptoms. Maybe there will be a difference after the next shot on 10/7. The 100 day club is still about 6 weeks off.
My coordinator said that Opexa will need to complete another stage 2 trial before moving into stage 3. She feels that Tovaxin may turn out to be a great treatment for the newly dx'd with RRMS and especially for those newly dx'd at a young age.
I told her I would continue in the extension study to see myself through the series of injections especially since I was on placebo for all that time and would make a decision at that point on what my next step will be.
Have any of you all heard similar info from your trial sites?

Marcia
Thanks for the update Marcia!

I hope the news is traveling West fast! I've not heard a word except that I have my next appt scheduled if I don't convert. It's Jan 7th. Otherwise, status quo.
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

turns out i was receiving tovaxin the whole time in the IIb. got worse, mri and otherwise. it's over, johnny, it's over...
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Ant148 wrote:turns out i was receiving tovaxin the whole time in the IIb. got worse, mri and otherwise. it's over, johnny, it's over...
You received MRI results as well?
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

i received the WHOLE shebang straight from my trial site neurologist; mri results, the placebo or drug revelation, and a strong recommendation to stop before things get even worse. this came on the same day Scott called me to schedule a procurement!!! to say i was shell-shocked by all this would be an understatement of the century. i'm still trying to process everything and decide how to proceed forward in treating my damn ms. sometimes life is real funny that way...
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I already posted my blinded status in another thread. I was on placebo, but have continued to worsen after 5 injections in the extension. My 'exit the trial' appointment is on 10/7.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

I never heard anything. Guess the news hasn't reached us clear out here in the boonies yet.... :cry:

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”