Tovaxin Open Label Extension Schedules

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
hmtucker
Family Elder

Tovaxin Open Label Extension Schedules

Post by hmtucker »

****AS OF NOVEMBER 24, 2008 OPEXA TERMINATED THE OLTERMS STUDY TO CONCENTRATE ON DATA ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPING FINANCIAL PARTNERSHIPS. NOBODY IN THE OLTERMS STUDY WILL RECEIVE ANY FURTHER TOVAXIN INJECTIONS.

Here is the schedule for the people who are in the open label extension phase. As participants move forward in the study, I ask that they let me know what step they are at so I can edit the schedule and keep it up to date. If there are any additions or corrections please let me know.

Lew (Loobie)-- 5th injection September 9, 2008
Mike (hmtucker)-- 5th injection December 23, 2008
Sweetyhide-- 5th injection January 6, 2009
Marcia (ssmme)-- 5th injection January 28, 2009
TWG-- 2nd injection November 21, 2008
Lars-- 2nd injection November 21, 2008
JanethePain-- 1st injection October 31-ish, 2008
patrickm-- 1st injection December 19, 2008
Brad (Aggie03)-- procurement August 25, 2008
Jamie (Bob's wife (Lyon))-- procurement August 27, 2008
ant148 (Tony)-- awaiting procurement
Danny-- awaiting MRTC results
Cheryl (av8rgirl)--No MRTCs in 3rd test, next test January 6, 2009
HEC-- No MRTCs in 1st test, next test December 12, 2008
Last edited by hmtucker on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Mike,

July 23rd was my fourth dose. I actually get my fifth shot on Sep 9. This next one is the first MRI visit.
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

After a lot of last minute scheduling, I had my procurement to make the vaccine today. I am now starting the 10 week clock.
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

I called opexa then they did the questinare and faxed it to lifeblood and said it would be about a week until I would hear from them. When the week passed, I called Scott Carter with life Blood. Scott is the boss of all the collectors, and he got thing happening real rapidly. His phone number is (901) 857-6445. He can only make thing happen if Opexa has completed there questionnaire and faxed it to Scott. Hope this helps.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

TWG wrote:I called opexa .
You called OPEXA? 8O
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Yes!! June!!
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

I called Scott yesterday because he left me a message the day before (the contact info TWG provided is 100% accurate) I should have my procurement visit the week of July 28th. I am waiting to have the date confirmed. Unfortunately, Lifeblood will not be able to come to me (like I had hoped for) so I have to go to my trial site, just like last year.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

TWG,
Congrats and way to be pro-active! Thanks for the info I am still waiting to hear about my MRTC test (17 days today) but I can't wait to use the contact # you provided to speed this up.
Lars
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

Actually,my trial coordinator called Opexa, due to the fact had been waiting so long. Then they called me with the medical questionnaire. They then said that would FAX it to LifeBlood Neurotics, I would the hear from them within a week. After 8 days I decided to call Scott Carter, I had his number from last year. Scott made an appointment then and there.
Aggie03
Family Member

Post by Aggie03 »

Fists extension visit June 24th, found out I am still producing MRTC's so now I'm awaiting procurement.
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

I got a phone call from my trial site today. I am scheduled to get my first real vaccine on August 15th. So now the countdown begins. Laura, my research coordinator let me know that the visit will be just like all the IIb visits except there will be no memory math test. Yeah!!! Just all the physical stuff (short and long walk) and basic neuro exam. The one hour wait after the shots and the injection site pix will still be done.

So if the serum looks different than it did during IIb is it be way off to assume you were getting placebo(ie: cloudy vs clear)?

Marcia
Marcia
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Mike,
Lars is Myelin reactive, awaiting procurement date. I can assure you that if Lars were not reactive, he would be waiting for a IVSM shipment tomorrow followed by a call to JH.
Lars
hmtucker
Family Elder

Post by hmtucker »

I guess congrats are in order for Marcia finally getting a date for her first injection as well as Lars and Aggie03 for moving on to the procurement phase!

I made all of the changes in the schedule.

Take care,
Mike

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”