TOVAXIN GUINEA PIGS PLEASE HELP!

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Re: Tovaxin Guinea Pigs Please Help!

Post by JanethePain »

NHE wrote:
Chrishasms wrote:So what exactly I repeat did those Alabama folks do besides get worse? Nothing they were making the data look bad and Opexa saw it as a last ditch effort at not wasting Investor money. The Final Solution in clinical trials.
Do we know this for certain? Or, is it possible that another explanation might be that there was a problem with the way that the trial site was following Opexa's recommended protocols and that such a problem systemic to the entire trial site invalidated all of the study participant's data at that trial site?

NHE
Bingo!
Jane the Pain
pvns2005
Family Member

Post by pvns2005 »

The staff at the trial facility did not fail protocol. I was dropped because OPEXA stated there were safety issues with me continuing the trial. This was after I completed the IIb trial and had already had my blood drawn for procurement for the extension study. Two weeks before the shot I was dropped. This tells me that I was on the real vaccine. Why would they drop me from the study if I was on the placebo???

I got an MRI the next week for the Johns Hopkins consultation for HiCy (Revimmune) and it showed I had seven new active lesions. You would think if OPEXA was worried about my safety they would have dropped me sooner.

That's the facts. Nothing to argue about or debate. I received HiCy from Johns Hopkins in June and I am Feeling GREAT!!!

Good luck to all of you.
Last edited by pvns2005 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

i got something to say to patrickm and those fools that agree with him -- go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in! my meaningless and minor rule-breaking didn't skew shit! just because the recent results aren't to your high standards, don't mean the 1.5% i represent affected them! i have no doubt, i received the placebo because i started with ZERO lesions and wound up with 22 at the end! this was reported to me by my trial doc from the mri results spreadsheet he received from opexa. if you're such a cowardly pussy that you're scared to try to help yourself just to stick to the stupid and senseless rules opexa designed for this trial, don't blame me for trying to pull myself out of the hole i'm in. plus, after all the suffering i went through during the trial (i have a complicated ms nerve pain problem that didn't take kindly to all the hoop-jumping), i sure as hell am not gonna lose the chance to get the real vaccine. as far as i'm concerned, they owe me! go ahead and label me arrogant and selfish -- i need to look out for #1 -- me! if you oppose my attitude then good for you -- obviously you were dealt a better hand by life.
Sweetyhide
Family Member

Post by Sweetyhide »

Ant148 wrote:i got something to say to patrickm and those fools that agree with him -- go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in! my meaningless and minor rule-breaking didn't skew shit! just because the recent results aren't to your high standards, don't mean the 1.5% i represent affected them! i have no doubt, i received the placebo because i started with ZERO lesions and wound up with 22 at the end! this was reported to me by my trial doc from the mri results spreadsheet he received from opexa. if you're such a cowardly pussy that you're scared to try to help yourself just to stick to the stupid and senseless rules opexa designed for this trial, don't blame me for trying to pull myself out of the hole i'm in. plus, after all the suffering i went through during the trial (i have a complicated ms nerve pain problem that didn't take kindly to all the hoop-jumping), i sure as hell am not gonna lose the chance to get the real vaccine. as far as i'm concerned, they owe me! go ahead and label me arrogant and selfish -- i need to look out for #1 -- me! if you oppose my attitude then good for you -- obviously you were dealt a better hand by life.
Calm down, will ya?
We aren't lighting torches chasing you through town.
Some just don't agree with you for breaking rules.

The whole point in joining a trial is to stick by the rules to see if a drug/treatment works. If sticking to protocol was not working for you then you should have dropped out or never joined. Plain and simple. No one was forcing you to jump through any hoops, it was your choice.

There are plenty of participants that struggled through this trial, you were not alone. Difference is, they stuck it out and did what was required. If we all choose to go off and do whatever we felt like there wouldn't be ANY treatments for any of us for anything.

Trials are not for everyone. Also sometimes cicumstances change, like with you. I understand that. The point is, we all sacrificed to give Tovaxin a chance. It may end up that Tovaxin is not what we had hoped. If so, we will pick ourselves up and move on. We don't need anyone to sabatoge it on purpose.

Peace out
~Sweety
Peace, Love and Potato Salad
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Thank you Sweetyhide.
Last edited by av8rgirl on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

first, i was mainly replying to patrickm's personal attack. second, i was defending my innocuous acts that have been blown waaaaaay out of proportion. third, i'm glad you're all conscientious law-abiding citizens that don't get as much as a parking ticket. evidently, i'm a selfish prick whose 1.5% fucked up the whole trial. so while you can make yourself feel good about all the INSANE conclusions you've made about lil' ol' me, i've got nothing to feel guilty about. i got one goal in mind and that's to get the real vaccine sooner or later. some of us don't think the results were so terrible and still want it bad. now how about all you naysayers drop out of the trial and make room for the people that are ready and willing? how about that? (that's an ironic suggestion btw)
Sweetyhide
Family Member

Post by Sweetyhide »

Ant,

You did address me by calling a fool and told me to fuck my horse. Calling someone selfish is mild compared to telling someone to have animal sex and that they are a pussy. I was just trying to clear up why I (and probably Patrick) disagree with you. Thats it. We disagree with you. Even you said it might have been a "terrible mistake" for "horribly disobeying".

It very well might not have made a difference in your results. That's not the point at all.

I agree some people might be snarky after the results came out. It clearly is not as promising as we had all hoped. I am with you though. Let's wait and see what comes about. I intend to stick through this as long as they will have me. It's just frustrating to some that we have suffered too for something we believe in.

BTW~ I have never had a ticket Image

No hard feelings dude...
~Sweety
Peace, Love and Potato Salad
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

and therein lies the rub! patrickm came out guns ablazing practically calling me a traitor to the human race (without actually knowing any real tangible facts, just using conclusions his angry-at-the-results mind made up) and i had to defend myself against his and the quick-to-judge crowd. so i called you fools, is that so bad? you'll have to forgive me. the horse-fucking was meant for patrickm and of course it's metaphorical. i wouldn't subject an actual horse to that psycho. anyway, you seem a lot more sensible than he is so it's perfectly fine for you to disagree with me. i can live with that.

and now a bit of hopefully true good news i found out from my coordinator -- she told me opexa is in no financial danger at all and while backlogged because of Ike, everything is moving full steam ahead. on top of that, she said the IIb results were encouraging if nothing else. i must say, i felt pretty damn good after hearing all that. maybe i'll get the vaccine after all.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I just got a call from my coordinator last evening. She was telling me my blinded status. For once in my life I was right, I was on placebo for the first year. As far as Opexa not being in financial trouble. All I know is I believe their stock was at $0.23 yesterday. That's waaaay down. May not mean they are ready to shut the doors, but that's pretty low.
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

As Of 8:08MST Low: 0.22 52Wk Low: 0.13 Beta: 4.71 Shares: 12.26M : They still have $12..26 Million in the bank, how far this will take them I do not know.

[/b]
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Loobie wrote:I just got a call from my coordinator last evening. She was telling me my blinded status. For once in my life I was right, I was on placebo for the first year. As far as Opexa not being in financial trouble. All I know is I believe their stock was at $0.23 yesterday. That's waaaay down. May not mean they are ready to shut the doors, but that's pretty low.
Did you get any other information other than your blinded status?

Has anyone else been unblinded?
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
pvns2005
Family Member

Post by pvns2005 »

Loobie wrote:I just got a call from my coordinator last evening. She was telling me my blinded status. For once in my life I was right, I was on placebo for the first year. As far as Opexa not being in financial trouble. All I know is I believe their stock was at $0.23 yesterday. That's waaaay down. May not mean they are ready to shut the doors, but that's pretty low.
I myself received my Tovaxin blinded status and found out that I was on the real vaccine. I progressed while on the vaccine and ended up with 7 new lesions. Then Opexa dropped me from the trial 2 weeks before my first extension study injection. This is what happened to the 2nd person who was dropped from my site that was on the real vaccine. Their MS progressed and they were dropped from the trial. The third person was on the placebo and is awaiting their first extensions study injection.

There were only 3 people participating in the Tovaxin clinical trial from my site.

Now, Bob this is facts. Nothing to argue about or debate.

I hope this information can help all of you who are in the Tovaxin study make an educated decision.

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”