A big coincidence?

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
redx

A big coincidence?

Post by redx »

After looking at the results of the last trial I think it is a strange coincidence that Tim (who has strong ties with Opexa) benefited so much from Tovaxin.
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: A big coincidence?

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

i'd like to know where the hell is Tim?! why has he stayed silent when so much turmoil has gone on with opexa and its trial patients? say something, anything! show proof of life!

this all stinks...
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

redx wrote:After looking at the results of the last trial I think it is a strange coincidence that Tim (who has strong ties with Opexa) benefited so much from Tovaxin.
If I were the board moderator here, I would definitely advise Tim to take a vacation until the trolls finish their flame wars.
Jane the Pain
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Ant148 wrote:i'd like to know where the hell is Tim?! why has he stayed silent when so much turmoil has gone on with opexa and its trial patients? say something, anything! show proof of life!

this all stinks...

Why are you asking for Tim?

I see only a few very vocal patients (?) in turmoil...you, for one. Talk to your doctor. Stop all this idiocy.

For all you know, there are a lot of us (me for one) who are doing quite well in this trial.

I will reiterate for you. NOT ALL MEDICATIONS WORK FOR EVERYONE. You just happen to be one of those who didn't tolerate this particular medication.

You want to hear my horror story about copaxone or betaseron? I didn't think so....
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Gosh you guys, I'm getting bummed every time I come to this forum. Tim is not the reason I chose Tovaxin and anyone who wants to play the "blame game" or make a scape goat out of someone is NOT helping anyone. I need "serenity now" not a lynch mob. I'll be back in a month or so to see how everthing's going.

It's your disease...TAKE OWNERSHIP of your own situation. Don't blame others for the choices you make in your treatment. Accept it as a viable treatment or a failure and MOVE ON!!! We all want a cure.

See you all in a month or so.
Marcia
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

timmie!

Post by notasperfectasyou »

If I were Tim I'd sit low and learn. There's a lot of work going on at Opexa and 1) he'd likely get in some sort of trouble and 2) there is little point in showing up if he has nothing new to say or explain. I'd not sign up to be a punching bag, would you?
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

ugh... i just don't get the people here...

all i did was ask for Tim to post his thoughts! i did not blame him for anything! i take FULL ownership of my life with everything that happens in it! can i not ask to discuss what's happened with a person very close to the situation with personal expertise on the issue?! he can avoid this forum like he has but i think i have the right to request his presence. tell me why that's unreasonable. go ahead.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

You can't ask anyone to feel the way you think or want them to feel.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

and i didn't! clear your mind of all your preconceptions and learn to read words for what they are and not what your crazy mind misconstrues them for, ok? thank you
IHaveMS-com
Family Elder

Post by IHaveMS-com »

Hi to all,

I retired from posting several months ago. I have answered numerous email, but I would need to visit and read the posting daily to keep up with all of the different theories.

The people in the IIb trial are now in a one year extension study. I assume it will be renewed after that as long as the company has money. As for me, my study is being closed out at the end of the year. I received my last dose of vaccine in July, and yes, I didn't have any injection site reaction.

So those of you that think my father is/was CEO or that my family owns a large share of the company are mistaken. My family helped fund the original company and my father did serve on the board of directors for a short time.

The vaccine worked for me. I guess I will see how long the protective effect last, and those of you that keep saying they were hoping for results like Tim, need to read results will vary. http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-4133.html

I have come out of retirement only to say goodbye and wish everyone the best in the extension study.
Best regards, Tim

In 2001, my family helped fund the startup of Opexa. My father served on the Board of Directors of PharmaFrontiers, now Opexa Therapeutics, until the company completed a successful 23-million dollar financing round.
Ant148
Family Member

Post by Ant148 »

thank you! that's all i requested -- an update straight from Tim on what's been going on. the link to the 'results will vary' thread is very helpful too.

too bad you're retiring, Tim. sure would be nice if you could address my personal quandary of why the hell did Tovaxin not simply do nothing for me but damaged me HARD. nobody seems to have any clue, not even a wildly speculative theory about that; not the coordinator, not the trial site neurologist, not my regular neurologist, not anyone here, nobody. oh well, that's the past anyway, gotta concentrate on plans for a healthy future instead.
hmtucker
Family Elder

Post by hmtucker »

IHaveMS-com wrote:As for me, my study is being closed out at the end of the year.

I guess I will see how long the protective effect last
So Tim,

Do I understand you correctly that you will no longer have procurements and vaccinations via Opexa and that they are casting you and your study group out to sea to fend for yourselves?

Mike

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”