Opexa Presentation Nov 11

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Opexa Presentation Nov 11

Post by NHE »

Opexa to Present at the Rodman & Renshaw 10th Annual Healthcare Conference

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced that Neil K. Warma, Opexa’s president and chief executive officer, will deliver a corporate presentation at Rodman & Renshaw’s 10th Annual Healthcare Conference. The conference will be held November 10-12, 2008, at the New York Palace Hotel in New York.

Opexa’s presentation will take place at 5:45 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 11, 2008. The presentation will include an overview of the company’s ongoing development program for Tovaxin®, the company’s lead drug candidate. Tovaxin is an individualized T-cell therapeutic vaccine that is being developed for the treatment of MS. Opexa recently announced positive data from its Phase IIb TERMS study (Tovaxin for Early Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis). A live webcast and 90-day archived presentation can be accessed at www.opexatherapeutics.com.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

a sign

Post by notasperfectasyou »

I think this is a good sign. I don't think tehy would do this unless there was something positive to say, yes?

On the flip side, this company is in financial trouble and they'd be insane to sit around and do nothing.

Lumped together, I think this is a good sign though. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

My $5.00 a share stock is now worth $.17 a share. They sure are in financial trouble and can they ever get out of it. I never went out and bought stock in a company. I don't think I will ever do it again.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

investing

I made the same choice.

I won't call it an error. I knew going in that buying stock based on a drug trial is riskier than blackjack. It's more like betting the hardway numbers in craps or double zero in roulette. I've lost a bundle on this, not to mention a lot of hope and belief.

Anytime I buy a stock, I gotta know if there is an emotional tie to the thing I'm buying. If so, I don't buy it -- OR -- I need to know that I'm taking a substantial risk because my closeness to the concept is likely to cloud my thinking. I trade market indexes, puts, calls and shorts. But, I could not get my feelings about MS out of the way in order to be objective about this stock. This one is done, not much we can do now except hold it through the CPR period. If you've lost more than $3,000 - chat with the person who does your taxes NOW and get advice. King Paulson will share some of your loss with you.

Going forward, please don't be discouraged about investing. It's easy to be right now. But, it's exactly these sorts of times when the best opportunities come along. Yes, we are due for another market crash before the economy gets going again. But, that's like getting a 50% off coupon from Kohl's. One day we'll look back and say, OMG, there was once a great chance to buy Pepsi, McDonalds and Walmart for about $50.

Never lose hope.

Ken

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Ken,

Thank you for your response. I don't have great wealth or a complicated tax return so I do it myself. I invested $1,000 which was a lot for me and yes I let my emotions make the decision. So, can I claim this loss when I file my taxes? Maybe I should get some help filing this year?
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

not too complicated

Maggie,
There is a loss you can take, if you sell the stock before 12/31. You'll put the transaction on schedule D of the income tax return. It's actually not htat hard to do. You need the paperwork you got when you bought the stock and when you sold. If you are used to doing your own return, I'd try doing it myself first.
Ken

MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Ken,

Thank you. I will do that. Is that what you will be doing? Selling your stock to claim the loss?
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

like betting on the Lions

Holding is like betting on the Lions to win the SuperBowl.

or maybe to be fair, the Seahawks.

You're only allowed $3,000 of investment loss per year, so I won't part with all mine. There's an outside chance that something good happens. But this presentation yesterday was supposed to be helpful, wasn't it? Didn't seem to convince investors that OPEXA should be saved, so I'll hold for a little longer. Selling today gets you the same tax effect as selling on December 31, so why not wait and pray for a miracle?

A few posts ago I said that the company seemed to have about 4 months of money on hand. Think if it like holding your breath, the longer you go the greater the pressure for a change. Which also means, the longer it looks bad, the more likely we get a bad result.

In the investment world, companies don't sit on good information, they sit on bad information. Good info is something you want to happen immediately, like dessert. Ken

Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

One thing that probably didn't help. Did you guys see the research section of the latest MSFocus magazine? All it stated about Tovaxin was that "the Phase IIb didn't reach it's primary endpoints", and that was about it. I would have thought there would have been some more specificity in there. If that's the news that inestors not 'in the know' are getting, then who knows what they are thinking at this point.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

investors

the problem is that companies like Opexa/PharmaFrontiers don't raise funds once, or twice, they are in a continuous fundraising process that we don't see. The second problem is the economy. This is the exact wrong time to be looking for financing - really bad timing.

Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

It was a report from "The World Congress on Multiple Sclerosis". It was talking about emerging therapies and was touching on Rituxan, Rebif's new formula, Fampridine, and few others, and Tovaxin. It was pretty brief, so here it is verbatim:

Tovaxin - This study of 100 people with RRMS or high-risk CIS didn't meet it's primary end-goal of reducing the cumulative number of GAD enhanced lesions seen on MRI.

That was it. After reading it a second time, I thought there were more than 100 people in the IIb, so could this be something different? Like an older study maybe? Not sure, but it seems to contradict that other text you have directly in terms of the primary endpoint. What's up with that?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Bob,
From your posted script-

"The trial also met its primary endpoint of reducing the number of gadolinium-enhanced brain lesions seen on MRI".

Huh, what, I sleep a lot but did I miss something???????? Even Opexa's presentation a few days ago acknowledged the lack of this goal.
Lars

Return to “Tcelna (Tovaxin)”