Alternative Funding Sources

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Lyon
Family Elder

Alternative Funding Sources

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

The outside source thing would be key because in this climate, there are not a whole lot of people who are going to back a long shot right now. I'd be very interested to see how someone completely impartial would evaluate the results.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Well said Bob,

That pretty much hits it on the head. The "endpoints" not being met would seemingly kill this. However, like you state, the endpoints being defined at the BEGINNING of this trial may not be the only worthy data worth keeping around, or in front of you if you will. What you are talking about sounds like something you should consider for a side career. I'm serious! Someone ought to put together what we call in the auto industry a giant "lessons learned" database, that amasses everything that you learned from all your trials and tribulations so you can not only say "been there done that", but you can also pareto different results so you can see (hopefully) meaningful trends. I suppose it's naive of me to think something like that doesn't exist, but I'd love to see it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

I have learned through my investigations this past week that Opexa is seeking funding for Tovaxin in order to continue the clinical trials. They are looking at a program called Fast Forward. If they are successful with their proposal to Fast Forward, there is a good possibility they could obtain partial funding to continue the trial and Fast Forward could assist Opexa in obtaining additional research funding to finish the trial.

This is good news! I will keep you updated.
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford