tovaxin phase III

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

Last edited by patrickm on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

Seriously though, I'm sure they're wonderfully benign little critters, and I did read some of the small sample size studies, and I am sure that there is a stage of this F'ing disease where I will likely try drinking radiator fluid if somebody can hint that it will somehow help (hey, dogs love the stuff!), but I guess I am not there yet with the little parasites.

ps: I had the pics showing in the above post, but I couldn't take it so I just posted the links. You will thank me. Or at least not yell at me, which I have learned to interpret as praise and affirmation.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

Lyon wrote: There is no doubt that MS can easily make someone wish they'd consumed anti-freeze at some earlier point in time.
Oh I know. That's why I said that. I'm just not at that place, or the worms place, right at this point.

I AM at the "I need to get my fatter ass to the health club again" phase though, that seems hard enough for the moment.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

patrickm wrote:
Lyon wrote: There is no doubt that MS can easily make someone wish they'd consumed anti-freeze at some earlier point in time.
Oh I know. That's why I said that. I'm just not at that place, or the worms place, right at this point.

I AM at the "I need to get my fatter ass to the health club again" phase though, that seems hard enough for the moment.
I hear ya! Now that I've gotten all that leftover Christmas chocolate out of the way, what shouts at me now? VALENTINE'S DAY stuff! Sheesh, there is NO rest for the chocoholic! 8)
Jane the Pain
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Speaking of a willingness to "drink antifreeze" or any number of other options, I have a question that I would like to ask here on the Tovaxin forum. I have come to trust the opinions and research capabilities of those on this forum. OK, enough ass kissing, the question is LDN. Yes, I know there is a forum and yes I have spent time researching on it. I would just like a fair and unbiased opinion from those I know.
Thanks,
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

oo
Last edited by Lyon on Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Lars,

I would also google Dr. Bihari (I forget his first name but I think it's Bernard, but that just doesn't sound right) and read why he thinks it works. He is sort of the pioneer for LDN, and I actually talked to his office after I first got dx'd and was already sick of the interferon flu. I never pursued it any further, but I do have the links saved for the pharmacies that will make it for you (since it only comes commercial in 50mg and higher). If I remember his rationale didn't seem too awful batty so I'd start by maybe getting his number and talking to him. You never know.....
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Hey Lou,
Thanks. I did study all the reference info I could before posting. LDN is in clinical trial at present. I believe it is being headed up by Penn St. Univ. (go Nittany Lions) and a PPMS trial finished up in Italy. The data seemed compelling.
Bob, I suppose my first instinct is to realize that big Pharma and in turn big Neuro won't readily promote a drug that is inexpensive. Remember, money is the cure for MS. If LDN doesn't do much other than raise my endorphin level........... when I drag myself of the couch, I'll let you know how I feel about that.
Take Care,
Lars
Sweetyhide
Family Member

Post by Sweetyhide »

Lars wrote:Speaking of a willingness to "drink antifreeze" or any number of other options, I have a question that I would like to ask here on the Tovaxin forum. I have come to trust the opinions and research capabilities of those on this forum. OK, enough ass kissing, the question is LDN. Yes, I know there is a forum and yes I have spent time researching on it. I would just like a fair and unbiased opinion from those I know.
Thanks,
Lars
This is the option I will probably take. My understanding is LDN wont interfere with any decision I may take down the road as far as treatment (or if Tovaxin comes back).
Getting it will be another challenge altogether.
I was taking it awhile back (can't remember when) but could NOT get any Dr to 'scribe it for me. I ended up ordering from Mexico, which I wasn't too comfy with at all.
My recollection (distorted as it is) is that it didn't hurt and did help with fatigue, which is my #1 complaint. Granted I was only taking it for 6 months.
Which brings me to my current delima, getting off my keister and finding a Dr.
~Sweety
Peace, Love and Potato Salad