Good news for Opexa!

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
hmtucker
Family Elder

Post by hmtucker »

JanethePain wrote:
av8rgirl wrote:I haven't heard squat from the trial coordinator even after sending the news releases etc.

The trial part of Campath is still active but is closed for recruiting. Given that, if I were you I would certainly explore the idea of getting Campath "off label."

Mike
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Opexa Therapeutics Inc. (OPXA) filed Quarterly Report for the period ended 2009-09-30.

Opexa Therapeutics Inc. develops and commercializes cell therapies to treat autoimmune diseases such as MS rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes. The Company is focused on autologous cellular therapy applications of its proprietary T-cell and stem cell therapies. The Company's lead product Tovaxin a T-cell therapy for multiple sclerosis is in Phase IIb trials. The Company holds the exclusive worldwide license for adult multipotent stem cells derived from mononuclear cells of peripheral blood. The technology allows large quantities of monocyte derived stem cells to be produced efficiently for use in autologous therapy thus circumventing the threat of rejection. The Company is in preclinical development for type one diabetes. Opexa Therapeutics Inc. has a market cap of $24.8 million; its shares were traded at around $1.9496 .
Got this off the internet today. I sent this to the trial coordinator at the site where I was being treated. Let's see if I get any kind of response. I also checked clinical trials.gov to see if there is any posting about recruitment and there is none. What the heck is going on? Someone should know something....this news release tells me that someone knows something!!!
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

hmtucker wrote:
JanethePain wrote:
av8rgirl wrote:I haven't heard squat from the trial coordinator even after sending the news releases etc.

The trial part of Campath is still active but is closed for recruiting. Given that, if I were you I would certainly explore the idea of getting Campath "off label."

Mike

I am not eligible. I checked. I had previous Tysabri infusions...or so I was told when I inquired.
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
hmtucker
Family Elder

Post by hmtucker »

av8rgirl wrote:I am not eligible. I checked. I had previous Tysabri infusions...or so I was told when I inquired.
Were you not eligible for the trial because of Tysabri or not eligible for off label because of Tysabri? The rules can be very different when you are not constrained by the research study protocol. It might be worth a call to the Advanced Neuroscience Institute, where Dr. Samuel Hunter does off label Campath, http://www.neurosci.us/ and tell them that you are interested in receiving Campath off label at their clinic and then ask if previous Tysabri infusions prohibit you from receiving Campath.

Mike
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

Tysabri excludes me from Campath. :(