Has Opexa restarted Clinical Trials anywhere?

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Has Opexa restarted Clinical Trials anywhere?

Post by av8rgirl »

Does anyone have any information about Opexa restarting the Tovaxin clinical trials anywhere?
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
JanethePain
Family Elder

Re: Has Opexa restarted Clinical Trials anywhere?

Post by JanethePain »

av8rgirl wrote:Does anyone have any information about Opexa restarting the Tovaxin clinical trials anywhere?
Not a peep, Cheryl. I check this site several times a day: http://www.pharmafrontiers.net/contact.php because that's where the most recent press releases are highlighted and where the info lurks that something should be started up in the new year.

I've been keeping a close eye on that "Investors" tab, scrolling down to Stock Quotes so I can see how we're doing there. It seems to be very slow but very steady improvement on that score.

I haven't figured out yet if they plan to start up with just a skeleton crew of us (hopefully "US" I mean!!!!) or whether that Novartis deal will give them enough cash to rev up a full-fledged Phase III with the "cast of thousands" more typical of this stage...

It would be very nice if one of my holiday presents was the certified information that things will pick up and resume on a certain date.

So as soon as something pops over there on that site, I'll copy and paste it here!

And if any of you all get THE phone call, please let the rest of us know!

This has been an exercise in patience that goes badly against my grain. I like things done yesterday. Or sooner.
Jane the Pain
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

“When everything seems to be going against you, your probably in the wrong lane" TWG
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

I remember reading somewhere after the sell out that their intent is to start a new Phase IIb trial, not a Phase III. Much cheaper and they can then hopefully structure it so they can actually, this time for sure, hit their end points.

I don't see any way that they would be allowed to bring us back into that trial. It doesn't make sense to me. I hope I'm wrong.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickm
Family Elder

Post by patrickm »

It's been a long time since I've put much thought into it, so the exact specifics don't come to mind but, if you'll remember, calling in interested participants of past clinical trials isn't a departure from what Opexa has done in the past in earlier extension trials
What I remember reading from Opexa though is that it would be a NEW IIb, which is not an extension, but a way for them to prove safety and effectiveness on a new group of rats. I feel it more likely that if it were to happen that we might be readmitted on a Phase III, but man that is a long, long way away from where I'm sitting.

Dr. Wynn's advice to me was that while I sit here waiting on something that's not likely to happen in the near future, my body could "start putting the building blocks back together" toward another relapse. Hard to argue with him.

So for me, I'm not thinking about Opexa much at all and have hopes pinned on clabridine, which could be here around the same time as the 2010 baseball season. That would be a cause for rejoicing on many fronts!
p
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

patrickm wrote:
It's been a long time since I've put much thought into it, so the exact specifics don't come to mind but, if you'll remember, calling in interested participants of past clinical trials isn't a departure from what Opexa has done in the past in earlier extension trials

Dr. Wynn's advice to me was that while I sit here waiting on something that's not likely to happen in the near future, my body could "start putting the building blocks back together" toward another relapse. Hard to argue with him.

So for me, I'm not thinking about Opexa much at all and have hopes pinned on clabridine, which could be here around the same time as the 2010 baseball season. That would be a cause for rejoicing on many fronts!
p
Hi Patrick,

I'm also Dr. Wynn's patient, and also looking forward to Cladribine in the springtime. :)
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Hi All,
I finally got down off the mountain. Snow, snowed in, snowshoeing, snowskiing, I'm sick of snow and it's not even December yet. Have you seen the Shinning? I guess it's a good lesson in what one is actually capable of. Speaking of which, I haven't checked in here for months and nothing has really changed. I suggest getting out (away from the computer) and see what else is going on. I do miss you guy and will check in again as soon as it stops snowing or when it's June.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Lars
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Bob,
Huba, Huba. I do have to admit that while my appreciation of beutiful women has not changed, my full physical attention may have. Although, warm weather sounds nice! On a more helpful note, I have definately realized how stressful my life had become and very few things are less stressful than hearing nothing but birds and coyotes. Probably can pull it off forever, but it has been extremely healing. LDN and quiet are working tremendously well!
Lars