Antegren in my e-mail

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

I see this is a very closed-minded discussion group, who does not want to hear anything bad about this drug.
ElanMike: As you will note from MY many postings regarding Antegren, I hope you will not count me, at least, as being closed-minded.

And yes, I think this DOES have a fairly high probability of possibly becoming as "big" as the Vioxx issue.

Deb

EDIT: Oh, yea.......and if this helps any, I have begun expressing, in writing, my "concerns" to others outside of this Board.
ELMO

Still Waiting

Post by ELMO »

I am still waiting for contact from Aaron??, or someone who I can send my information and can validate my sisters situation.

PS. What was the "VioXX" issue?

ELMo
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

Vioxx is a drug that was manufactured by Merck. It was recently recalled and taken off the market because it caused some deaths. The controversy (and many lawsuits) is over the fact that allegedly, Merck knew about 3 years ago that Vioxx could cause serious side-effects such as that, but either hid that information or just plain didn't act on it. That safety risk also got past the FDA somehow, which is part of the reason why they have put into place a new protocol to double-check the safety of drugs, both new to the market or existing drugs currently on the market.

You can do a web search on it and find a lot of information about it.

Deb
ELMO

Re: Antegren in my e-mail

Post by ELMO »

As requested by ElanMike below is the link for Neurologist report on the situation which clearly indicates she was on Antegren treatement cycles and shortly thereafter suffered a stroke.

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”