Appointment for First Infusion?

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
FourDs

Post by FourDs »

Wow, I just joined and am amazed there's drama on this forum (i.e. Ian/Harry). I am on a couple of other forums related to cars and expect the enormous amount of drama there. But here? I figured this would be a group of adults facing a serious issue in a collaborative, non-hostile manner.

And how is another site inferior to this site? I simply don't understand how one could derive a grandiose attitude from where they happen to post.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: ..

Post by HarryZ »

FourDs wrote:Wow, I just joined and am amazed there's drama on this forum (i.e. Ian/Harry). I am on a couple of other forums related to cars and expect the enormous amount of drama there. But here? I figured this would be a group of adults facing a serious issue in a collaborative, non-hostile manner.
While I won't compare this site to one dealing with cars, the differences in opinion that exist here are not much different than any other MS site. Dealing with MS, whether you are a patient or care-giver, is extremely frustrating and takes its toll. The amount of pain and suffering experienced by MS patients used to be ignored by the MS medical community but in the past few years after some studies have been done, the docs now realize that MS patients do indeed have a lot to deal with.

Keeping this all in mind, it is not surprising that some people may say and/or do things that they normally wouldn't when dealing with this disease. Some comments are made in the heat of the moment and later regretted. So it shouldn't come as a surprise to read those comments here, other MS forums or like you stated, on "car forums".

Harry
msladyinca
Family Elder

Welcome FourD's.......

Post by msladyinca »

I hope that your presence here and future posts add to the support we ALL need in our respective fights against MS!

Best wishes,
Feel free to visit my Blog and leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)

http://lauren-livingwithms-aolcomlglbgl ... gspot.com/

Co-owner of a MS Support Group
msladyinca
Family Elder

Tysabri restarting my 1st Infusion Monday, 10/16

Post by msladyinca »

1st infusion was in early 05, now I am scheduled to restart Tysabri on Monday, 10/16 WooooooHooooooo!

Is this anything like "becoming a virgin again"??? (teehee)

Lauren :P
Feel free to visit my Blog and leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)

amelia
Family Elder

Post by amelia »

I am so proud for you. Like many of us, you have had to "pull teeth" to get where you are. Gary is still awaiting approval from the TOUCH program. Our fear is that his MRI of the brain and spine showed NO lesions. 1 year ago he had 5 on the brain, now there are none. I don't know what TOUCH will say about that. Understand that Gary has had MS for over 25 years!
msladyinca
Family Elder

Post by msladyinca »

Thank you Amelia! :P
Gary is still awaiting approval from the TOUCH program.

CALL MSACTIVESOURCE FIVE TIMES A DAY IF YOU HAVE TO AMELIA! It only takes them 24-48 hrs to have Gary in their system if the paperwork was faxed to them...IF you are still getting nowhere with them, write to mspatientsforchoice at admin@mspatientsforchoice.org and let our patient advocate see what he can do, ok?

Lauren :)