New data

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
bromley
Family Elder

New data

Post by bromley »

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j661523026&w=464753

HarryZ - this hasn't been a good week for you relating to Tysabri. If I had your address I'd sent you a bottle of Whisky - you could do with a stiff drink now that it is available in Canada :)
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: New data

Post by HarryZ »

HarryZ - this hasn't been a good week for you relating to Tysabri. If I had your address I'd sent you a bottle of Whisky - you could do with a stiff drink now that it is available in Canada :)
Ian...if you are going to send me a bottle of whiskey, please do so for my wife who loves her scotch...Johnny Walker Blue would be a nice gesture :D

I've always stated that Biogen has a very slick and efficient Marketing Sales Division. Notice that this article was written for Business Line and was done for one reason only....to raise the value of Biogen and Elan's stock. A couple of weeks ago another business related article pointed out that the number of patients and neuros trying to get Tysabri wasn't nearly as active as Biogen had hoped for. Revenue projections were now lowered to "in the millions" as opposed to "in the billions" and in the business world of drugs, that is not a good thing to happen.

So it isn't surprising that Biogen has used their trial data to try and demonstrate how much money the medical system can hopefully save in caring for MS patients. I do find one interesting point that was mentioned.... The costs associated with adverse events were not assessed as part of this model..... Hmmm, how convenient!

I continue to say that we will have to wait about a year of Tysabri's use outside the clinical trial setting and in the general public before we will start to get more realistic data. My only concern about the data, however, is that Biogen will be the sole accumulator of it through their monitoring program for Tysabri and you know my trust in how they relate data to the public. Time will tell.

Take care.

Harry

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”