sleepiness

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
belge
Getting to Know You...

sleepiness

Post by belge »

hi everybody!
I've been here before (in May) but now I have a new question. I have re-started taking Tysabri yesterday (I have already taken it in April but had a very bad experience since - I think - it was overrun by a hepathitis vaccin which is in itself no good for MS though my doctor did not mention it... + I had a seriouds relapse with my (non)walking) Anyway, this time it seems all right, I have only been VERY tired today and especially sleepy even though I have slept 10 hours this night! I cannot yet speak of any other positive (I hope not negative!) effects though I was wondering if anyone has had such sleepy side effects? and if so, how long does it last?
best, veronika
superman
Family Member

Post by superman »

Hi Veronika,
don't worry about your second effect.
feeling tired after Tysabri infusion is very common.
Some of us experienced it after each infusion.
In general, this tends to decrease infusion after infusion.
I too experienced it after my very 1st infusion: i slept for the full afternoon following it. But since that, i am no more exhausted and can even work for the afternoon(office work).

So let's hope this side effect disappear soon and that Tysabri give you some help.
bon courage en somme! :-)
deege

Post by deege »

I had my first infusion 2 weeks ago. I had the same tiredness (slept almost the whole hour of observation) and am still tired all the time. I am also gaining weight and I feel like I am a balloon, almost like when I am on steroids. Anobody else have that problem as well.

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”