Any others on Ty with these problems

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
sammy67

Any others on Ty with these problems

Post by sammy67 »

Hi,
I have been on Tysabri for 14 mo now. it has been a god send has changed my life... untill 2 mo ago...

I also happen to have Crohn's disease, so this med was made for me....
I started just not feeling well at first... more tired then normal.... then muscle and joint pain... feeling like i had a cold orr flue too.... i just had my infusion friday and now i am not in good shape.... i think i have ear infection or clogging, the joint pain and muscle pain is terrible, it hurts to walk... i called my nureo yesterday and she felt none of this has to do with the tysabri, she could offer me steroids but that wa that.....

from what i have read, these could be from tysabri..... i know if i go to a general dr. they wont know tysabri at all...
has anyone else had any of these side effects?

thanks
Be Happy,
it is a choice !
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Any others on Ty with these problems

Post by HarryZ »

Sammy,

Now let me get this correct....you have been on Tysabri, an immune system altering drug for 14 months. You think you have an ear infection and are experiencing severe joint and muscle pain...and your neuro doesn't think it's Tysabri related and is offering you steroids!!!! Am I to presume she hasn't had you in the office to check you out, either? Hmmm....why do I think your neuro needs replacing?

Harry
naspass

Post by naspass »

Here is a thread from a different forum which might be helpful with your question

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84794
sammy67

Post by sammy67 »

thank you, to both of you... Yes, i am seeing a different neuro hopefuly tomorrow....
and thank you for the site suggestion. that has been very helpful....
Be Happy,
it is a choice !

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”