New Tysabri patient

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Loobie
Family Elder

I must be snakebit

Post by Loobie »

Well after my nurse called in sick last thursday, we had it rescheduled for today (11/4). Well what happens when I wake up? I have a fever and it burns when I pee (insert VD joke here :lol: ) and my pee is all cloudy. I have a UTI! So I had to go see my urologist and he looked at the sample and said "you probably have a UTI from the looks, but we'll send it out for culture, in the meantime, here's some Cipro. I'll call you if Cipro is not the right one after the culture comes back". So I call my neuro. back and he said to take the Cipro for a couple of days and we'll dose you on Thursday. JC!! From the tovaxin delays a year ago, to this now, I just feel snakebit. This is f'ed up. I'm missing work and then I get to go in on thursday and tell them that I'm only going to be here for a short while until my infusion appt.. Man I need a drink.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Jeez, Lew. Sorry. You need to catch a break, NOW!
Have your sweetie-pie wife pick you up some cranberry juice to mix with your vodka :) but skip the vodka...
Good for what ails you.
Praying for better days,
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Concerning cranberry juice, I feel like "Hammy" from the old Pee-Wee Herman show. He used to say "ham is my life", well I could say "cranberry juice is my life. I drink that stuff at least twice a day. Hey 7 years without a UTI I'll take. However, one of the things on the Tysabri side effects listed as a common side effect is UTI! How ironic is that that I develop one right before I get dosed. Oh well. I felt so bad last night from the fever and just overall malaise, but I actually feel a little more solid this morning. Maybe I caught it early enough that it didn't have a chance to get up in the kidneys. I've heard those are much harder to root out than bladder, or lower, UTIs. At any rate I'm getting dosed on Thursday (I hope) and will of course post anything that doesn't suck.