Study: Status after discontinuation of Tysabri treatment

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Frank
Family Elder

Study: Status after discontinuation of Tysabri treatment

Post by Frank »

RESULTS:
With regard to clinical disease activity, neuroimaging, and immune responses, the majority of patients in our cohort were stable. Decreased lymphocyte cell numbers and altered cell ratios returned to normal 14 months after cessation of natalizumab. No infectious complications were observed.

Link

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Study: Status after discontinuation of Tysabri treatment

Post by HarryZ »

Frank wrote:RESULTS:
With regard to clinical disease activity, neuroimaging, and immune responses, the majority of patients in our cohort were stable. Decreased lymphocyte cell numbers and altered cell ratios returned to normal 14 months after cessation of natalizumab. No infectious complications were observed.

Link

--Frank
Frank...thanks for that info. BTW, is there any data for the other patients who didn't fall into the stable category? How long was your cohort on Tysabri and why did they stop using the drug? Thanks.

Harry
Frank
Family Elder

Post by Frank »

Hi Harry,

actually I have not been in any trial with Tysabri and I also dont know about any other publications on non stable patients.

I suspended my Tysabri infusions in favour of giving ABX a try for a year. After completing my ABX experience i deceided to go back to Tysabri, so far Tysabri seems to work fine for me.

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Frank wrote:Hi Harry,

actually I have not been in any trial with Tysabri and I also dont know about any other publications on non stable patients.

I suspended my Tysabri infusions in favour of giving ABX a try for a year. After completing my ABX experience i deceided to go back to Tysabri, so far Tysabri seems to work fine for me.

--Frank
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the update. That is one concern I have about Biogen....they don't tell us much if anything about the problem areas. Then again, their marketing people are very careful about this and don't want to shed any possible light on anything that could restrict sales.

Glad to hear that Tysabri seems to be working fine for you. Keep us posted along the way.

Harry