Antegren for Crohn's

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
tarren
Getting to Know You...

Antegren for Crohn's

Post by tarren »

Hey everyone! Is anyone else a little concerned about Antegren being approved for Crohn's? It was just a few months ago that it was reported that the Antegren study did not meet its designated endpoints and that it was a big disappointment for those with Crohn's. Now, just a few months later, it is going for FDA approval? Am I missing something? For me, it raises a huge red flag regarding what is true and what is being manipulated for millions of dollars in profit? I hate to be sceptical so if anyone has some insight into this or can explain to me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Tara
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Tara,

It missed its endpoint in the first trial by two weeks-- in other words, they had promised results in 10 weeks, but the results actually came at 12 weeks. Not too shabby ;) We're keeping a close eye on Antegren, as it's viewed as the next major MS drug that will be on the market. For people tired of CRABs, a new option couldn't come more quickly!
tarren
Getting to Know You...

Post by tarren »

Thank-you for replying and explaining. Our hopes have been on Antegren as well since my husband refuses to go on the CRAB's. I was just concerned that data was being manipulated to appear more effective that it actually was. You are right, a two week difference isn't too shabby. We are hoping for Antegren's success in MS and a speedy arrival; the sooner the better. :-)

Tara
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Hi - Am very interested in hearing from anyone with both MS and Crohn's. I'll be starting on Tysabri March 1, so also very interested in your stores re: Tysabri!

Was diagnosed with Crohn's disease about 30 years ago and with MS in 1991. MS has been relatively 'benign', but have had about 39" intestine removed in 1988. Currently on 6MP and sulfasalizate for that, but nothing yet for MS. Expect I'll stay on the CD drugs for a period while on Tysabri, then might try to wean off of those.

I'm very very hopeful that Tysabri can deliver a knock-out punch on these two diseases!

Would love to hear from you.

Madeleine

Return to “Tysabri (Antegren, Natalizumab)”