3rd Infusion for me and feel better

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
catfreak
Family Elder

3rd Infusion for me and feel better

Post by catfreak »

I had my 3rd Tysabri infusion on Thursday. It all went well.

I have to share this with everyone. 3 months ago I was so depressed with Rebif. I was exhausted everyday. I could not imagine driving more than 30 miles at a time unless it was my DR appointment.

Now, I feel so much better, don't get me wrong I am still tired and have my regular muscle spasms, twitches, pins and needles, numbness, etc, etc, etc........ I am definately not my old healthy self by any means but I do feel better.

But, we went on vacation and I drove 400 miles (at night - I am still a control freak and have to do the driving). Had a wonderful time. Then drove 330 miles on Thursday from Gulf Shores to Cullman, AL to get to my infusion. Had my Tysabri and then drove 250 miles to Clarkesville, GA to pick up a motor for my husbands little car he is going to make electric. We spent the night and then I drove 350 home yesterday. That's 930 miles in 2 days. This is awesome for me.

Today we are going to Jackson, Tn to WORK an Oldies Concert for my husbands friend who owns a Radio Station and does this twice a year. My husband takes tickets and I help seat people. It is very hard work but we get to meet the "Stars" and get to know them. That drive is not bad only about 75 miles and we will spend the night and come home tomorrow.

With all this said, I could not do this on the .44 dose of Rebif.

I am very happy with Tysabri so far. I hope it just gets better.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.