4th Infusion over and MRI Results

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
catfreak
Family Elder

4th Infusion over and MRI Results

Post by catfreak »

I went yesterday for my 4th Tysabri Infusion and also had my 1st MRI since starting Tysabri.

Infusion went uneventful except for the great conversations I have with all the other Tysabri patients. So many people with MS - it's scary to see young men and women with small children going through MS. At least my children are grown and on their own. My heart breaks for these families.

Anyway, my MRI showed no change from 6 months ago!!! WOOHOO!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I told him about some word finding and other speech issues I have been having and he said stress and heat were the 2 worst things for my cognitive issues. Well crap, my life is stressful and it is 100 degrees outside! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Upped my Adderall to 40mg a day so I may be up on top of the house helping those guys get the new roof done after while. :lol: :lol:

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
Meegs
Family Member

Post by Meegs »

Hey cat,

I just had #4 as well (literally just got home and collapsed on the couch)
I don't have a follow-up MRI till November.

How are you feeling?

My sx at the moment are insta-fatigue, some headache and some nausea....

But it should get better, right?

Hope all is well!

Meegs
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Hey Meegs!

Hard to believe I am done with #4 and soon to have #5 in a couple of weeks. Time flies when your having fun!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have not felt too great the last 4 or 5 weeks. Fatigue is getting worse, major migraine headache that exploded on Wednesday but has gotten better since.... not gone but better. I can feel a migraine coming on 2 or 3 weeks in advance and I can't stop it or even relieve it, I just live with it. Thank goodness I work from home and I can be a vegetable in my PJ's while I stare at 2 monitors and wonder what I am doing.

I so hope this gets better for both of us. I did great until about 2 weeks after my 3rd infusion. Now the fatigue, brain fog, word finding and speech issues and headache are a major impact on my life.

I will let you know how #5 goes.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.