Note we may have some server downtime today and this weekend as we perform some upgrades. Please save a copy of any posts you make during this time in case we have any server trouble. Thank you!

Anybody have UTI's while on Tysabri

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Anybody have UTI's while on Tysabri

Postby catfreak » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 am

Well, I have one and I called the Infusion nurse to make sure that when I went to the DR to get something for it that I didn't get anything that would be adverse to the Ty. She said to do what ever the Dr said and keep them informed. But, that we would most likely have to discuss it with my Neuro and see if I should continue with the Tysabri.

I am going to the DR this afternoon for UTI and I go for my next Infusion on the 14th. I guess we will see then what he wants me to do.

What about anyone else?

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Postby MaggieMae » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:43 am

My sister-in-law gets UTI's often now that she is on Tysabri. Infusion nurse said not uncommon with Tysabri patients. She is now on a maintenance drug to help prevent them.
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Maggie Mae,

That's just what we need, another drug, which is what I was afraid of.

My mom is the same with her diabetes, she takes a maintenance antibiotic twice a day.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Postby prof8 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Cat, I had some UTI's, especially in the first 6 months of Tysabri. But that went away and it hasn't been a problem again. All I did was take a round of antibiotics and it cleared up the UTI. I wouldn't worry about "maintenance" drugs yet. Sometimes just killing off the infection as it come works. Like I said, I haven't had any more and I'm beyond the year mark.
prof8
Family Elder

Return to Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)