It looks to me like it is more difficult to get insurance approval as time goes on. The companies are flooded with questions and requests and they can't keep up. When I started the Tysabri, I was the first one to call my insurance company about it and it only took them 1 day for the decision. Now, I'm seeing it is weeks. The company's know if it will be paid for and how much, it is just making all of the arrangements and setting up the transfusions that is making it harder. My advice is to keep on them until you get answers and to have your neuro's office help. I found that doing a lot of the calling yourself makes all of the difference. Sometimes the Tysabri can be arranged to be given at a hospitals short stay area more quickly than it can be arranged to be given at an infusion center or doctor's office. I was able to set up the hospital arrangement to get the Tysabri immediately, but the infusion center or elsewhere would have taken longer. Hope one of these suggestions help.
ramairdad, about the betaseron and the tysabri, that is up to your neurologist. Some people are taking only the tysabri if they are newly diagnosed, not able to take interferons or if they are not having any improvement on the interferons. If your physician feels that adding on the tysabri will help you more, he/she will have you on both the betaseron and the tysabri. The study that Biogen did with the Avenox and the Tysabri showed that the drug reduced the frequency of relapses by 54% (compared to the placebo). So the decision on whether to continue both will come from the neurologist. Good Luck to you.