Tysabri

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
mkeigan

Tysabri

Post by mkeigan »

I had 3 infusions of Tysabri since approval by the FDA. I was due for the 4th next Tuesday - 3/8. I am disappointed that the drug has been suspended (temporarily?). My infusions were beneficial to me. I had beneficial reactions during my infusions. About 20 minutes into the infusion, my left foot would straighten and overall pain would diminish. My posture would improve after the infusion. My nurse who administered & observed my infusion process noticed the improvement. My doctor did also. The positive effects of the infusion seemed to fade as I got closer to my next infusion. I was taking Tylenol for the aches and pains.

I was DX in November 2001 after being in remission for 36 years from my 1st symptom (optic neuritis). At age 50, I started with more symptoms and gradually had diminished mobility. I use a cane for outside short distances. I recently acquired a transport wheelchair for long distances so my husband and I could enjoy activities we had suspended due to my limited moblity - museums, shopping malls, etc.

Hopefully, Tysabri will come back on the market or some other new drug will prove to be helpful to MS patients. Until then, I remain positive that someday a cure will be found.