Resources for Kids WITH MS?

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
robinredbreast
Family Member

Resources for Kids WITH MS?

Post by robinredbreast »

Hi all

I am looking for sites aimed at children WITH MS. We have a young boy of 12 who has been made known to us at the MSRC and we are helping him to find contacts etc with other children with our nasty friend.

If anyone knows of a site could you let me know?

Thanks in advance

squiffs
Laughter for MS - http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy
shit...what a ride
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Robin, perhaps working backwards via the parents of Kids with MS might help? George Peabody runs just such an organization, and we host their message board here:

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... forum&f=34

Best of luck with this case and let us know how we can be of help,
-a
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Post by CCmom »

George's group is the only one like that I am aware of. And I've been looking for 4 years, now! My son is 17 and has MS, but I have been unsuccessful and keeping him regularly in touch with any of the other teens I have found, no matter how hard I try! Good luck!

He was diagnosed at age 13, so I would be more than happy to correspond with the parents of this child if necessary.

Kim
Kim R.
britney
Getting to Know You...

Post by britney »

Technology allows so many things anymore! When I was diagnosed at 12, I hardly knew what MS was. I know it is increasingly being diagnosed at younger ages but MS is still not too common among teens. What helped for me was to know people in similar situations (chrons, lupus, whatever it may be) that can relate but not exactly. Maybe not, I don't know but that helped me when I was growing up.

Return to “Under 25 with MS”