I am 20 years old and Living my life DURRING an exacerbation

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
mattalleng
Family Member

I am 20 years old and Living my life DURRING an exacerbation

Post by mattalleng »

I wanted to post a link to an article I wrote on my blog that includes a video blog I did the other day, I'm 20 years old, I'm still fighting my first exacerbation, and I am still living my life! Don't let MS get you down or keep you down! My worst fear was that I would be stuck in the house all day, everyday, but since I've been diagnosed with MS I've actually been doing MORE with my life than I was before, boating trips, walks, hikes, etc. Check out my link for PROOF that MS is no match for the willpower of a human being!

Note: Technically I'm still fighting my first exacerbation but I would be lying if I said I'm not doing way better right now than I was when it first started, but mind, a few weeks ago I couldn't walk, I was in a wheelchair, now I'm hiking mountains with a weak leg, arm, bad balance, and vision issues.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! DON'T GIVE UP!

http://mattsms.blogspot.com/2010/09/pro ... ssion.html
http://www.mattsms.com<br />
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Re: I am 20 years old and Living my life DURRING an exacerba

Post by Yash »

Hi Matt !! even i'am 21 yr old, male !! I just couldn't find anyone of my age with this prob. So, its nice to meet you here the only diff. here is thsat i'am from India, a place where this problem arises rarely and you from canada, had read about you on net months back. Right now my left half of my body is numd especially noted by my hand and feet, double vision when i move my eyes to extreme right. My left feels kind of feels frozen beacuse of all that.
Will provide an intro even in this section.
Expect for the worst & Least might happen !!
-All these years living with MS has actually made me forget how well i earlier was !! I'am not 100% nor 99% thats what i always feel, but just moving on.
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Yash wrote:Hi Matt !! even i'am 21 yr old, male !! I just couldn't find anyone of my age with this prob. So, its nice to meet you here the only diff. here is thsat i'am from India, a place where this problem arises rarely and you from canada, had read about you on net months back. Right now my left half of my body is numd especially noted by my hand and feet, double vision when i move my eyes to extreme right. My left feels kind of feels frozen beacuse of all that.
Will provide an intro even in this section.
Hi! Nice to meet you! Man I have not been on this website in for ever! Between my blog, facebook group, and youtube Chanel I am busy busy busy! I am actually from the USA aby the way, I WISH I lived in Canada! Anyways, sorry to hear about your symptoms, if you have a facebook, you should go to Mattsms.com and click the facebook logo next to my picture. It will take you to my facebook page. ADD ME and Ill add you to my group where there are lots of other people with MS from all over the world both men and woman of all ages, very nice helpful people!
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

yes, will definitely visit your pages. Actually i'am visiting to calgary for few days i had thought even you were from that place, none of my frnds know this that i'am an Ms'er, they won't even understand. So, i just prefer rather not disclosing it, anyhow i'am about to get my MRI contrast done, which has been prescribed by my Dr., maybe today or tomorrow.
This prob. bascically strikes to to the opposite gender. You won't believe i had surfed many forums and hardly found any male person. You understand nt each and everything is gona be always common in terms of symptoms between male and female. Daily routine of work, study, we got many challenges ahead at age of 21, Fully becoming independent.
Note:- Not underestimating the opposite gender in any case. Just a personal thought.
-All these years living with MS has actually made me forget how well i earlier was !! I'am not 100% nor 99% thats what i always feel, but just moving on.
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Yash wrote:yes, will definitely visit your pages. Actually i'am visiting to calgary for few days i had thought even you were from that place, none of my frnds know this that i'am an Ms'er, they won't even understand. So, i just prefer rather not disclosing it, anyhow i'am about to get my MRI contrast done, which has been prescribed by my Dr., maybe today or tomorrow.
This prob. bascically strikes to to the opposite gender. You won't believe i had surfed many forums and hardly found any male person. You understand nt each and everything is gona be always common in terms of symptoms between male and female. Daily routine of work, study, we got many challenges ahead at age of 21, Fully becoming independent.
Note:- Not underestimating the opposite gender in any case. Just a personal thought.

Haha I understand, the gender thing is tricky. At first it was hard to find other young males with MS but now I know a good amount!

And Im sorry your friends may not get it, that's tough. I have "lost" most of my friends for that reason.

And starting our own lives? Man... I can't even afford coffee on the weekends... Southern California is not the place to live if you have MS!
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

Yes, rather its better to keep a distance from those frends, that's the reason for me not shariing any ms stuff on my wall, and rather it in forums like this where much of identity is not known.
I'am really having a hard time from last few days, i can't ride bike because of half numb body, vision prob. of that doulble vision seems to be spreading to the central vision i've noticed sometime mainly in the morning when i wake up, then also in other times. Because of all this i've noticed a problem in balancing, that to because of numb left body.
DOn't know whats happening, nothng is original like before, there is always a pinch of a symptom even if your main symptom goes away !! Like my left eye is stil having that blur peripheral vision, which was a result of severe optic neuritis, in Juy 2009. These, steroids to control the symptoms always cause me side effects like mainly acne on face and back !!
None of my college friends or teachers are aware i don't even want to tell them. Doing b.tech along with this is really something vry unusual, but still trying my effort to overcome this prob.
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

I don't try to hide MS anymore, its too had, I mean, I don't advertise it to everyone but if it comes up it comes up. If you add me on FB you can join my group and participate there just don't add anyone else because sometimes they have some MS logo on thei pictures and then your friends will be able to tell that something is up when they start seeing a bunch of your friends have some oranfe ribbon on their pictures haha!

Anyways, man, steroids are not fun... I break out AFTER I stop them usually so I don't look forward to that because I am on them right now! But I am falling apart and until I get a new doctor there is not much I can do... :^/
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

3:09 pm - "banged my head on wall edge, while putting my trimming machine in rack. All was sudden, involuntary, but reflex back was fast. :cry: "
- sometimes, i've notied while sleeping my jaws are suddenly involutarily closed and back. Leading my inner cheek skin between them !! :oops:

Yash :peace:
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Yash wrote:3:09 pm - "banged my head on wall edge, while putting my trimming machine in rack. All was sudden, involuntary, but reflex back was fast. :cry: "
- sometimes, i've notied while sleeping my jaws are suddenly involutarily closed and back. Leading my inner cheek skin between them !! :oops:

Yash :peace:

Wow, that sounds.... Painful.... :sad:
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

yes, disturbing and painful indeed. It feels really bad when you cant accomplish what you actually always wanted to, i had a craze for good physique build up was regular with it, years before diagnosis. But, now everytime i try to do some workout, it end up with another relapse, be it minor.
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Yash wrote:yes, disturbing and painful indeed. It feels really bad when you cant accomplish what you actually always wanted to, i had a craze for good physique build up was regular with it, years before diagnosis. But, now everytime i try to do some workout, it end up with another relapse, be it minor.

I never liked working out but now that I WANT to it's so hard, I want to build mass but all MS really allows for is endurance to some degree so it's frustrating, I know.
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

yea, matt you are right, bro sometimes i'am totally exhausted after long college hours and then back home by bus, its actually tiring. The amount of fatigue which we tolerate is far more than a normal person. My upper back of shoulders is the first place where this intolerable fatigue starts. Practising paranayam,(yogic breathing excerscise) helped me with some symptoms. Even you can give a google search to "paranayam by Baba Ramdev".
And yes, matt i don't get it, that why aren't my "ms is bs" buddies co-operating with me with this worldly issue of innocent animals killing, all this is actually doing harm than good, even though that Earthlings documentary was posted, along with that Global warming one. I guess maybe age differences, they are all on an avg. 30+ or more grown ups, i think we are the youngest one out there...lol !!
There's a guy same of our age, PS19 just below this topic discussion. I tried sharing my views with him, he seems to be search of good support.
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Yeah luckily have been on Prednisone for a while and since I react well to it I have not had to deal with fatigue for a bit but when I do it can get HORRIBLE, I hate it especially when my mind if not tired but my body is.

I will have to look him up and see if I can get him to join the group!
Yash
Getting to Know You...

Post by Yash »

Matt, surprisingly looked and replied to your post, after 2 years !! rest of the time you know we discussed things in your group page. Times and sitution since last two years have changed a lot, all these years. Rightly our age 22 :smile:
Good luck
Regards,
Yash
Dec 14, 2011
mattalleng
Family Member

Post by mattalleng »

Lol went by so fast... Yes, 22 now, well, 22.5? Lol....