Err, is there a "right" way to be sick?

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
shevroletti

Err, is there a "right" way to be sick?

Post by shevroletti »

Hi All,
I am 19 years old and was DX'd at age 14. I never actually post on forums, so not quite sure how it works... I guess I'm just looking some support and tactics to stay positive. (as many of you probably know, the daily grind of living with MS can ware even a warrior down). Also, I've been through just about every dmd (Rebif. Copaxone, Tysabri, Gilenya, Tecfidera, Plasmapheresis...) and none of them seem to make any headway in the direction of slowing down my very over-eager immune system... Has anyone had experiences like this? :?: :?:
Hope this finds y'all doing well and in good spirits!
Cheers.
Last edited by shevroletti on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grandsons4
Family Member

Re: Err, is there a "right" way to be sick?

Post by grandsons4 »

Hi shevroletti, I'm relatively new here myself, my son being recently diagnosed with MS. I've found on this forum a lot of knowledgeable people, and people with experiences to share. They are all eager to help. You should probably post on a different thread (topic), preferably the one entitled INTRODUCTIONS. You'll discover that some threads receive more traffic than others; your post was missed here, not ignored. Good luck.
shevroletti

Post by shevroletti »

Hi grandsons 4,
Thank you for responding! I will be sure to look around and reach out. Will repost this in INTRODUCTIONS
thanks for the heads-up, and good luck to your son and yourself.
reagan

Post by reagan »

I am 25 and was diagnosed at 20. I have been on rebif since I was diagnosed and have not had any relapses but I am switching to aubagio because I have run out of injection sites. Have u tried aubagio? I am so sorry u are having a hard time finding something that works. The rebif really worked for me but my skin is just done after 5 years.
RyanYum
Family Member

Post by RyanYum »

The best thing you can do being sick is to work to the best of your ability and push yourself to continue. Like getting a job and working, if it's too tough at least you tried, I guess don't let the disease rule you still live your life
jackblack400

Post by jackblack400 »

You should get on Lemtrada, it is the best possible immunomodulatory treatment outside of HSCT.

Return to “Under 25 with MS”