Hi all!

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
jh06ph

Hi all!

Post by jh06ph »

Hello everybody!

My name is Jen, I'm new here (obviously)... and as most other people here, I have MS. I was diagnosed at 14, and I'm just about to turn 20. How time flies.

I'm just wondering if anybody else would be able to share the symptoms they've had with "juvenile" MS (despite myself not being so young anymore). I've been pretty lucky to be in remission for the past 2 years or so, but I still get the odd thing here and there. Lately it seems like migrains are my issue, along with weak spells. I just all of a sudden feel really weak like I'm going to collapse, and I can feel myself falling forward just an inch or two before I catch myself. I've never heard of anybody else having anything like this, so I don't know if it's MS related or not. So pretty much, any help is great! :D

Jen
Waterbear
Family Member

Post by Waterbear »

Hi Jen,

My girlfriend was diagnosed a couple of months ago after an attack that caused spasticity on her right arm and leg (she is 24,not exactly juvenile,however noone had answered your question so i thought i would give it a go!)

4-5 months prior to this she had been suffering from severe headaches for some time,for which we visited a few doctors without determining their cause-so now think that they could be related with MS.From what i read in this forum though headaches/migraines are not very common MS symptoms.

I'm happy you are doing so well at the moment,are you on any drugs or other regimen?
titanicstar

Headaches and MS

Post by titanicstar »

Believe it or not headaches are a symptom of MS. Or atleast it was for me. I am now 25 and I started to have issues around 15 or 16. They also say hearing loss isn't a "typical" symptom but you will find that there are no typical symptoms. Everyone is different and their MS is different which sucks because that makes it harder to pin point. I am still in the process of finding a doctor who knows what the heck they are doing in this area and will take me seriously for my age and the issues at hand. Most try to say I am "depressed" or "it's a woman thing" like me not being married or having kids is the issue why I am in pain, my body moves on it's own and most of the time I can't feel my fingures. Go fingure :) Well most of my symptoms came over many years. I had non atypical ones. Still do.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Welcome, titanicstar

Post by lyndacarol »

titanicstar--Welcome!!! I can tell by your posts already that you have found just the right place! You have the inquiring mind and the proper attitude. Welcome.

Return to “Under 25 with MS”