What's wrong with me?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.

What's wrong with me?

Postby JennieJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello,
I have a couple of questions! I was diagnosed 3 years ago with fibromyalgia.
Since then I've had a hard time with pain, I've controlled it all without medication.
I've had 3 bouts with very week legs, trembling in my arms and weakness as well! My eyes
Have gotten worse but every six months for the last 1 and a half I've had this weekness
In my legs and pain and numbness in my arms! Electric shock like feelings in my hands as well!!
I have great insurance but I'm very afraid to go to the doctor!
I have a very loving family and understandable husband and support system
But my fear of not knowing is making me depressed and my fear of knowing is just
As bad!! I feel horrible for about 3 weeks the its not AS bad! Any help is appreciated! :?:
JennieJ

Re: What's wrong with me?

Postby JennieJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Forgot to mention some dizziness and balance issues!
JennieJ

Postby Anonymoose » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Jennie,

Unfortunately, we can't answer your question for you. I am not a fan of going to the doctor either but I gotta tell ya, going to the neurologist is a breeze! It's even a bit fun. Book an appointment today. What's to fear? No stirrups. No drills. No dressing gowns with an open butt flap (btw, don't wear any metal zippers, underwires or anything if you have to get an MRI or you will have to deal with an airy derriere). It's mostly just conversation...a little "what are your symptoms? when did they start? can you feel this? can you feel that? is this hot or cold? mmm hhh, mmm hhhhhhh..." and a walk down the hall. Oh, and he/she might shine a really annoying light in your eyes. Easy!

Knowledge is power. Get thee to a neurologist! :)
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Postby JennieJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Thank you so much! I guess I was just curious as to others and if these symptoms were familiar
JennieJ

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

welcome jennie,

how have you been managing the pain? have you been addressing the nutritional aspects of fibro? had any nutritional bloodwork?

serum tests for vit d3, magnesium, zinc, and calcium could be useful, potentially, if you haven't done these already.

if there's anything amiss, it could help to correct, and see if any symptoms resolve.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby JennieJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I take Vit D3 because I was low and took prescription form for 13 weeks then continued on over the counter as directed!! I only take Tylenol and Advil for pain as needed I try not to take any prescribed pain Meds because I don't want the addiction!! I try and eat healthy as well but the tingling in my arms and hands and the weakness in my legs is what scares me! It's happened 3 times so far and it's about 6 months apart! The dizziness and room spinning happens maybe once or twice a week! These bouts just make me sleepy and tired and depressed! I do have an appointment tomorrow with my GP to see if I can get into the nurologist
JennieJ

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 pm

ok if you are taking supplemental d3 without balancing essential minerals, it could have depleted your magnesium levels. that would have the potential to aggravate pain.

fortunately magnesium is an essential nutrient and is only habit forming in the sense that taking abstinence to the extreme, you kind of die :S lol

could be a good idea to ask the GP for a test of your latest d3 levels, plus serum magnesium, and serum zinc.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby JennieJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Thank you so my h for your time I will do just that
JennieJ

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 pm

yvw :) don't let the doc talk you into RBC magnesium.. stick with serum. there is more serum data out there to compare to healthy controls. if you get the tests done make sure the doc gives you the results, numbers and units. don't let them tell you it's 'normal'. if you can get the exact numbers for your older d3 tests that would be useful too. ttfn!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Undiagnosed