Still Scared Someone Help!! please

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Still Scared Someone Help!! please

Post by Mjmx94 »

Hello, I am a 19 yr old male and I suffer from Health Anxiety, i know that. But somehow I am so scared that I have some sort of cancer or neuro disease. I am 5 ft 7 and 160 lbs. and very athletic. I have been experiencing some very weird symptoms that I have never had in all my years of suffering anxiety. I have been to the ER countless times recently checking my heart, which came back fine on EKG's and X-Rays, and have also been to my Dr. numerous times explaining my symptoms just to be told im crazy and im fine and i just want some answers. So I scheduled an appointment with a local Neuro and just went for the first visit last week. I explained all my symptoms to him (which was a page and a half) and did all the strength/weakness tests etc. and he didnt feel or see any weakness... I am waiting to go for my MRI's and EMG but in the mean time i will explain my symptoms and hopefully someone else is maybe experiencing the same thing... I have been worried sick lately that i have MS, ALS, Cancer etc.... I will try not to leave any symptoms out!

Symptoms
-First started with burning, tingling, weakness on left side only and still left side
-Leg weakness
-Extreme Fatigue
-Eye Disturbances/Double Vision (BIG ONE that's bothering me, i have been to the eye doc as well and im seeing 20/20 its so frustrating)
-Muscle Twitches
-Full Left side weakness and strange sensations
-Some throat difficulties
-Ear Blockages
-Depression
-Vibrating/Electric Shock feelings in left side
-Pins and needles feeling in left side
-Loss of feeling in left side (or at least feels like it)
-Feeling like im losing peripheral vision
-Deep Bone Aches (mostly feet, hands, and joints)
-Dizziness/Lightheadedness feeling
-Muscle Jerks/Twitches
And probably many more that i cannot think of ATM, I am not myself anymore and i hate it i feel like my left side and my vision is giving out on me but everyone says it's my anxiety causing all of this which i still dont believe is possible. I think about it constantly and its driving me crazy, seriously. Please anyone who has answers or is experiencing any of this please reply thank you.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Still Scared Someone Help!! please

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, did you ever get the number on that magnesium result? i know you said 'normal' but you can be low normal and deficient at the same time. it's just unfortunate use of the word 'normal' - makes people think it must be okay. this is often far from the truth.
I think nailing down your mag status and optimizing it could make a big difference for you. on the anxiety if nothing else. but probably plenty else given your symptoms and background
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

I hope its just that and no i did not yet but i am really stuck on this MS scare. My vision is really bothering me and its making the MS fears even worse.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

magnesium is low in ms patients, so if you find out about it and work on it, you will be taking steps to make sure you are not similar to an ms patient. and it will be good for you anyway even if you don't have ms.
just don't let the docs tell you your levels is 'normal'.. you need a number, and units. then you can set up a plan.
there are other nutrients to look at, but magnesium looks like top priority for you
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Jenmen0304
Getting to Know You...

Post by Jenmen0304 »

:( I'm so sorry you are so scared!! You are so young and I hope it is not the MonSter like I have!! I'm here if you need to talk!
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

If I may ask what was the visual symptoms like if you had any im scared!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

personally, I never had any visual symptoms whatsoever. my neuro actually said I had the best optic nerve he'd ever seen. for whatever that's worth!
Ash3
Family Member

Post by Ash3 »

Listen, you are going to be alright! Just try to relax and are you taking anything for your anxiety? Nothing will do until you get your test results. Yes, my first sign was I lost vision in my left eye but I fully recovered. I also have serious sinus problems and had surgery so I do not know for sure if it was one or the other. You are so young and it will work out. Just try to relax.Ash3
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

I appreciate the reply's keep them coming, also im still waiting for my MRI appointments ... :( Was supposed to find out today but no call. I have worried myself sick over this whole thing and I cant deal with it anymore..
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

get that magnesium result and bring it here. whatever the eventual dx, that test info could give you something to be proactive about.
and if you do have a magnesium deficit, it could be so simple to get the benefits. including RELAXATION.. for me it's like night and day. for my boss too - she said she always thought anxiety was part of her personality. she feels like a whole new person now.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Mjmx94 what you describe sure does sound scary, especially not knowing what is wrong and not knowing what to do yet. It seems the doctors have been less than helpful, to say the least. X(

If I were to be experiencing the symptoms you are, knowing what I know now and having experienced what I have, I would do 4 things right now :

1) Get a prescription for a type of benzodiazepine - Xanax, Valium, Clonepine, etc. These are very effective for anxiety. They are not a long-term solution, however. That's where the Magnesium and, possibly other resources, come in to play.

Buy:

2) http://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Hendels-M ... ewpoints=1

3) http://www.amazon.com/The-Magnesium-Mir ... 278&sr=1-1

4) http://www.amazon.com/Could-It-Be-B12-M ... 437&sr=1-8

The Magnesium Oil, if your experience with it is anything like mine, will give surprisingly effective, quick (in minutes) relief from the anxiety. The first time I used it, I just rubbed it into my forearm.

The magnesium book will give you important info about magnesium and the many symptoms that not having enough of it causes. Many of your symptoms sound like Magnesium deficiency.

The B12 book will give you important information on B12 and symptoms of B12 problems. Many of your other symptoms sound like B12 problems.

Until you have read from the books, I wouldn't believe any lab tests that might say your B12 or Magnesium is "normal" "fine" "good" or anything. You need the knowledge that is in the books and from some of the people on this site.

What I have recommended are NOT the ONLY things to do, but I think you will find them very helpful

By the way, I agree with all of the people who have posted before me regarding your challenge.

Hang in there,
THX1138
Last edited by THX1138 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

I will just add this: Nitrous Oxide, Laughing Gas, Dental Gas, N2O -- all the same thing -- deactivate B12. This could cause many of the symptoms you describe, no matter the N2O's source, private or professional.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

I honestly dont know what to do anymore, i dont know whats anxiety related or if its related to whatever is going on. My eye doctor said my vision is 20/20 and saw nothing wrong with my eyes could this all be in my head? :confused:
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

You need to get the anxiety under control, so you can deal with things with a clearer head. Anxiety makes it hard to think or think well. I would go with what I suggested above for right now.

and remember that people are working on this. It will get better. Things will get figured out.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

Thank you I appreciate it ...

Return to “Undiagnosed”